Re: [Slovak-World] Re: colonus/farmer

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 21, 2006
      Now watch this;
      1 Kabel = 1 Gbol ( from hungarian Gobol) = 4 Korce.
      1 Korec is an old area measuring unit standing for the size of land, where 1Korec of grain could be sown.
      In 18th century in upper Vah area 1 Korec of field was 400 sqare Siaha, in Eastern Slovakia, it was 300 square Siaha.
      Korec was actually a measure for loose stuff like grain, not for liquids. It was about 75 liters. Not the same everywhere.
      Vladimir