Re: [Slovak-World] Another question on Slovak gifts.

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2006
      Thanks! It's a thought, anyway.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Caye Caswick
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 11:35 AM
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Another question on Slovak gifts.

      make that ...

      http://en.itesco.sk/

      sorry,
      Caye

      --- Andrea Vangor <drav@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering if it is possible to purchase gift
      > certificates for large department stores etc. in
      > Slovakia, and if that would be a suitable gift from
      > an American visitor or correspondent. Can they be
      > purchased from the U.S.? Over the Internet?

      > removed]

    • Bill Tarkulich
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2006
        I just got a Tesco card for a cousin's daughter living in Ireland.
        Believe it or not, the cards could not be had directly outside of the
        UK. I was fortunate that a business associate traveled over from the
        UK last month and brought one with him.

        She lives in an urban area, so it was appropriate. While people do
        live in remote areas, many do travel to the city now and then. Just
        be certain your relatives are willing to go to the city.

        > Bratislava has 2 Tesco-s that I know of: one right behind the
        Hotel Kijev (very nice yarn section) and one in a large modern almost-
        suburban shopping mall (along with, among others, a Home-Depot-like
        store where I got a plug adaptor).

        ______________
        > Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
        > (http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)

      • Sinbad Schwartz
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2006
          Yere appears to be a variety of types of Tesco stores in Slovakia:

          http://en.itesco.sk/en_sk/stores

          RU

          > Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
          > (http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)

        • vchromoho
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2006
            Tesco is building a hypermarket in Svidnik as we speak...

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Sinbad Schwartz"