phone numbers in Slovakia

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
      Random question--when I was in Slovakia this summer and making phone calls,
      I often had to ask just how many of the digits to dial, not knowing when I
      needed to use area/city code and when not. Often the person/relative
      helping me would mention "oh, that's a mobile number". How could they tell?

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...
    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
        Dear Julie,
        A mobile number starts with a four digit part like 0905. A normal area code is a three digit like 035, and 02 for Bratislava.
        Vladimir

        When calling a standard phone number in Slovakia you always have to start with area code, disregarding whether the number you are calling is in the same place as you are.

        Random question--when I was in Slovakia this summer and making phone calls,
        I often had to ask just how many of the digits to dial, not knowing when I
        needed to use area/city code and when not. Often the person/relative
        helping me would mention "oh, that's a mobile number". How could they tell?

        Julie Michutka
        jmm@...

        http://www.eset.sk

      • J. Michutka
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
          At 06:30 PM 11/3/2006 +0100, you wrote:
          >Dear Julie,
          >A mobile number starts with a four digit part like 0905. A normal area
          >code is a three digit like 035, and 02 for Bratislava.
          >Vladimir
          >
          >When calling a standard phone number in Slovakia you always have to start
          >with area code, disregarding whether the number you are calling is in the
          >same place as you are.

          Thank you, Vladimir. And when you say "standard phone number", do you mean
          one that is not a mobile phone?

          Julie again
        • Vladimir Bohinc
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
            Yes, Julie. I mean not a mobile phone number. A "standard" phone is called here "Pevna linka" or fixed line.
            Vladimir