Re: [Slovak-World] Re: This Sunday 1 PM - SK festival at Pitt

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
      Martin:

      I mean the booklet they have at the front table each
      year -- it lists all the local sponsors and gives
      detail on some of the exhibitors and speakers. Last
      year it was bright yellow, the year before it was a
      blue/grey color.

      Thanks!

      Caye

      --- Martin Votruba <votrubam@...> wrote:

      > > mail me a program?
      >
      > Below is info about the program, Caye.
      >

      > Martin
      >
      > votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
      >
      > x x x
      >

      > Talks -
      > 2:00 "Slovaks Settled Here: Identifying Early 20th
      > Century Immigrant
      > Cluster Communities in Pittsburgh," by Lisa Alzo. Rm
      > 242
      > 3:00 "The Fujara - Queen of Slovak Instruments," by
      > Ben Sorensen. Rm 239
      > 4:00 "Roma (Gypsy) Life and Music in Slovakia: Fact
      > & Fiction," Robert
      > Metil. Rm 242
      >
      > Performances -
      > 1:15 PAS (pittsburgh Area Slovaks)
      > 1:45 Jerry Jumba & Andrei Pidkivka
      > 2:15 Ben Sorensen - Fujara
      > 2:45 Jozef Ivaska, Man of a 1000 Songs
      > 3:25 The Singing Revilak Family
      > 4:00 Pittsburgh Jr. Slovakians and Pittsburgh
      > Slovakians
      > 4:30 Sing-along with all performers
      >
      > Film -
      > 3:30 "Pictures from the Old Country," by Susan
      > Marcinkus. Rm 249
      >
      > Exhibits -
      > Joe Armata - Slovak Weaving and Cut Embroidery
      > Helene Cincebeaux - Slovak Folk Dress
      > Lil Junas - her book on Slovakia
      > Bill Kurtek - village of Lu'ck~y, Liptov County
      > Nationality Rooms Program - Folk Dress
      > Western Pennsylvania Slovak Cultural Association
      > John Webber - The Origins of Your Name
      > Western Pennsylvania Slovak Radio Program
      > National Slovak Society
      >
      > Vendors -
      > Ethnic food
      > Slovak Import Company, LLC, Dan Kisha
      > Little Europe
      > Steve Hoferka - Slovak Phrase Book
      > PAV - Slovak stereo casettes
      > Slovak Folk Crafts
      > Susan Marcinkus - "Pictures from the Old Coutnry"
      > Lisa Alzo - "Three Slovak Women"

      Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
      (http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)
    • 75430.543@escapees.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
        Thank you for posting the themes and times for the talks at the Slovak
        Festival at the U of Pitt this Sunday, Martin.

        This has got to be the premier Slovak Festival in the area, especially when
        combined with the outstanding venue of the Cathedral of Learning.

        Nancy & I look forward to attending again this year.

        Regards,

        Florian