Re: [Slovak-World] Translation help needed to a church in Gaboltov, Slovakia

  • PJJANO
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
      I did just that back in 1977 and received many names from both sides of the family good luck did you look in the Hungarian archives sometimes they are there also from the LDS Family Search. Paul Janosik

      In a message dated 10/31/06 08:16:41 Pacific Standard Time, andrew.capets.lzji@... writes:
      I don't know if this is proper, but can I write to the church and ask
      them to look up the baptismal record of my great-great grandfather?
      The LDS microfilm is missing the years that I need. Also, how do I
      make a donation to the church?

      Here is what I want to ask:

      I am looking for the baptism record of Jan Kapec. He was born about
      1831 and he died 25 April 1893. He is my great-great grandfather.

      I would also like to find out information on his parents. I believe
      that his father was Jan Kapec who married Maria Banyko November 1813.
      When were they born, and does the record give the name of their
      parents?

      Jan Kapec (Born about 1831 - Died 28 April 1893)
      Jan Kapec (Born? - Died?) Married Nov 1813
      Maria Banyko (Born about 1794 - Died 15 January 1862) Married Nov 1813