Population figures for 2004 RE: [Slovak-World]KOLAVO

  • Plichta
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2006
      Diana,

      As I measure the distance from Kosice to Kalava it is about 44 KM which is
      only 27 miles. Highway 547 is the most direct route and it is a two lane
      winding road. I've traveled about half that route and is could take less
      than an hour to make the trip.

      The population as of December 31, 2004 was 439; which included 227 males and
      212 females. By productive age group, 100 were 0-14 years-of-age, 116
      females were ages 15-54, 152 males were ages 15-59, and 71 were over the
      productive age of 55 for females and 60 for males. In 2004 there were 4
      marriages and 1 divorce. There were 4 live births (3 males and 1 female)
      and there was one death, a male.

      Frank R. Plichta

      Galax, Virginia