Re: need help with dvd video from wedding in slovakia

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      If you live reasonably close to a military base, call them and see
      if you can get together with someone who has a "multi-standard"
      player and television. They sell them overseas to the miltary but
      the are forbidden for retail sale in the US.

      Now the military is a big octopus of an organization, so if you can
      find telephone lsitings for the base call a bunch of differnt
      places. I would guess your chanses of success arebased 40% on
      finding the right place and 60% on finding the right person (in the
      right place or the wrong place). USO is another option. Use your
      imagination, & even try retirees!

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, DIANE PERKINS <nv_cracker@...>
      wrote:

      > This message requesting help is being sent to two lists. I
      recieved in the mail 3 cd's from a relative's wedding in Slovakia.
      I insert the disc and I have 3 choices...
      > 1) Play DVD Video using real player
      > 2) Play DVD Movie using InterVideo Win DVD
      > 3) Play DVD Video
      > using Windows Media Player.
      >
      > I have a Gateway Computer using Windows XP. I can get the real
      player thing to come up but on one I only get the sound of music
      (seems to be American songs)
      > but no pictures/videoes etc. Can anyone help me? It must have
      been real expensive for them to have these discs made and to mail
      them to me....I sure would like to view them and report back to
      them. If I don't reply in a week or so...I think they will begin
      to worry that I didn't get them. They don't speak Eng. and I don't
      speak Slovak!