need help with dvd video from wedding in slovakia

  • DIANE PERKINS
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      This message requesting help is being sent to two lists. I recieved in the mail 3 cd's from a relative's wedding in Slovakia. I insert the disc and I have 3 choices...
      1) Play DVD Video using real player
      2) Play DVD Movie using InterVideo Win DVD
      3) Play DVD Video
      using Windows Media Player.

      I have a Gateway Computer using Windows XP. I can get the real player thing to come up but on one I only get the sound of music (seems to be American songs)
      but no pictures/videoes etc. Can anyone help me? It must have been real expensive for them to have these discs made and to mail them to me....I sure would like to view them and report back to them. If I don't reply in a week or so...I think they will begin to worry that I didn't get them. They don't speak Eng. and I don't speak Slovak!
      Your help with matter would be greatly appreciated
      Diane

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
        Well it's because they sent you the video in their system PAL and we
        have NTSC incompatible with PAL. But your DVD if it is latest should
        be able to read it.

        THey have to send you the DVD in NTSC system and you will have NO
        PROBLEMO.

        Vladi

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, DIANE PERKINS <nv_cracker@...>
        wrote:

        > This message requesting help is being sent to two lists. I
        recieved in the mail 3 cd's from a relative's wedding in Slovakia.
        I insert the disc and I have 3 choices...
        > 1) Play DVD Video using real player
        > 2) Play DVD Movie using InterVideo Win DVD
        > 3) Play DVD Video
        > using Windows Media Player.
        >
        > I have a Gateway Computer using Windows XP. I can get the real
        player thing to come up but on one I only get the sound of music
        (seems to be American songs)
        > but no pictures/videoes etc. Can anyone help me? It must have
        been real expensive for them to have these discs made and to mail
        them to me....I sure would like to view them and report back to
        them. If I don't reply in a week or so...I think they will begin
        to worry that I didn't get them. They don't speak Eng. and I don't
        speak Slovak!
        > Your help with matter would be greatly appreciated
        > Diane

      • amiak27
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
          If you live reasonably close to a military base, call them and see
          if you can get together with someone who has a "multi-standard"
          player and television. They sell them overseas to the miltary but
          the are forbidden for retail sale in the US.

          Now the military is a big octopus of an organization, so if you can
          find telephone lsitings for the base call a bunch of differnt
          places. I would guess your chanses of success arebased 40% on
          finding the right place and 60% on finding the right person (in the
          right place or the wrong place). USO is another option. Use your
          imagination, & even try retirees!

          Ron