Re: [Slovak-World] The Slovak Festival last Sunday

  • Matchett
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
      Debra,

      It was interesting to me to read of someone from Ronkonkoma e-mailing
      to Slovak-World. I grew up on Long Island and have memories of the
      drive, with my parents, to Bohemia, LI (near Ronkonkoma) to buy buchty
      in the Czech bakery. The aroma of the baked goods was wonderful.

      I believe the Catholic Church in Bohemia was the first Catholic church
      on LI, followed by St. Patrick's Church, built in 1920, in Bay Shore
      (my home town). The graveyard in Bohemia is fascinating with all the
      Czech and Slovak names.

      How old are your children?

      Julia Matchett, in Florida