Edwin Swift Balch in Slovakia

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2006
      His visit was in 1895 and so it was Hungary, but he did visit the
      Dobsina Ice Cave and his notes on the visit are on the web at a caving
      site.

      I would swear I have run across his name before. Can anyone elaborate
      on his visit to Hungary and any published observations?

      Here is the URL to his Dobsina experience:
      http://www.showcaves.com/english/sk/index.html

      Ron
      PS I am doing my homework and checking the web for additional
      information, and so far have located the Balch library
      http://www.balchfriends.org/ainfo.htm