Lucia needs help

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2006
      Can anyone help Lucia

      lu_hora@...

      my name is Lucia Hornakova and I'm writing to you to ask you for help. I'm a teaching assistent at the Dept. of English and American Studies of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra and one of the fields of my interest lies in the literature of the minorities living in the US. At the moment, I'm working on a conference article where I'd like to explore the literary production of the Slovak communities in America. Unfortunately, this literary sphere still fails to attract attention of the Slovak literary milieau and readership, so there are no books or articles by American Slovaks that could be found in Slovakia. Due to this fact I would like to ask you if you know about any American authors of Slovak origin or if you could give me advice where I could search for this information. Thank you very much.

      appreciate any help you can give -

      thanks

      helene

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2006
        Prof. Dr. Peter Petro History of Slovak Literature, also my very good
        friend can be reached at: Peter Petro <petro@...>

        Also you can read about his book at:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/history.htm

        Vladi

        At 07:18 PM 9/18/2006, you wrote:

        >Can anyone help Lucia
        >
        ><mailto:lu_hora%40yahoo.co.uk>lu_hora@...
        >
        >my name is Lucia Hornakova and I'm writing to you to ask you for
        >help. I'm a teaching assistent at the Dept. of English and American
        >Studies of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra and one
        >of the fields of my interest lies in the literature of the
        >minorities living in the US. At the moment, I'm working on a
        >conference article where I'd like to explore the literary production
        >of the Slovak communities in America. Unfortunately, this literary
        >sphere still fails to attract attention of the Slovak literary
        >milieau and readership, so there are no books or articles by
        >American Slovaks that could be found in Slovakia. Due to this fact I
        >would like to ask you if you know about any American authors of
        >Slovak origin or if you could give me advice where I could search
        >for this information. Thank you very much.
        >
        >appreciate any help you can give -
        >
        >thanks
        >
        >helene

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 18, 2006
          Since you didn't post her email here is the answer to all of you:

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux
          <helenezx@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone help Lucia
          >
          > lu_hora@...
          >
          > my name is Lucia Hornakova and I'm writing to you to ask you for
          help. I'm a teaching assistent at the Dept. of English and American
          Studies of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra and one
          of the fields of my interest lies in the literature of the
          minorities living in the US. At the moment, I'm working on a
          conference article where I'd like to explore the literary production
          of the Slovak communities in America. Unfortunately, this literary
          sphere still fails to attract attention of the Slovak literary
          milieau and readership, so there are no books or articles by
          American Slovaks that could be found in Slovakia. Due to this fact I
          would like to ask you if you know about any American authors of
          Slovak origin or if you could give me advice where I could search
          for this information. Thank you very much.

          > appreciate any help you can give -
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > helene

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 18, 2006
            Funny I checked my mail through EUDORA nad the email was there whole
            so I emailed Lucia as well.

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 19, 2006
              Helene,
              I read your email about Lucia's inquiry and forwarded it on to the Jankola
              Library.
              Noreen

            • helene cincebeaux
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 19, 2006
                HI Vladimir - not sure how her e mail address got partially left off - thanks for the excellent suggestion - i sent it on to Luci along with your name and e mail address

                thanks so much!

                helene

                <helenezx@...> wrote:

                > Can anyone help Lucia
                >
                > lu_hora@...
                >
                > my name is Lucia Hornakova and I'm writing to you to ask you for
                help. I'm a teaching assistent at the Dept. of English and American
                Studies of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra and one
                of the fields of my interest lies in the literature of the
                minorities living in the US. At the moment, I'm working on a
                conference article where I'd like to explore the literary production
                of the Slovak communities in America. Unfortunately, this literary
                sphere still fails to attract attention of the Slovak literary
                milieau and readership, so there are no books or articles by
                American Slovaks that could be found in Slovakia. Due to this fact I
                would like to ask you if you know about any American authors of
                Slovak origin or if you could give me advice where I could search
                for this information. Thank you very much.

                > appreciate any help you can give -
                >
                > thanks
                >
                > helene

              • helene cincebeaux