Re: [Slovak-World] Name Juralda

  • Tom Flynn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2006
      On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Vladimir Bohinc wrote:

      > Has anyone ever came accross this name?
      > Does anyone have ancestors in Svidnik, Ukraine?
      > Thanks,
      > Vladimir Bohinc

      Not familiar with Jurlda, but wasn't sure if you
      meant Svidink Ukraine or Svidnik, Slovakia...I have
      relatives who live in the latter...my Grandmother
      was from Visny Orlek near there...they were going to
      move there from Svidnik after they retired. My Grandmother's
      maiden name was Warhol.

      I have a funny memory of the post office in Svidnik. (SK)..on our
      first trip to Slovakia, my mother didn't know where my relatives
      lived in Svidik, so she went to the post office to call them...for some
      reason she must have been confused as to whether it was a local or long
      distance call...anyhow, she paid to use one of the phone booths there, and
      while trying to call our relative, we hear a knock on the door of the
      phone booth...turns out the relative lived just around the corner from the
      post office...we laughed about them having to ask the postal clerk which
      booth the "crazy Americans" were in.

      ---------
      Tom Flynn
      I speak only for myself