Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Can someone translate this for me, please???

  • Kitticitti@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hello Martin,

      Thankyou so much for responding. This is very odd. This guy claims to
      work in Poland, as I said, but lists his residence in Slovakia, yet his surname
      is O'Toole. Hmmmm. I smell a rat. He posted some pix of himself on a
      website, too, and I swear, what I am seeing in the background is NOT Slovakia or
      not the parts of Slovakia I am used to seeing, namely the Saris area.

      I just don't know what to make of all of this. The guy claims to be a
      "demonolgist" and there is a priest on that board, along with me, trying to talk
      sense to the guy. I am mainly there defending the priest, BTW.

      Thanks, Kathie Troyan Davis

      In a message dated 9/2/2006 7:20:45 PM Central Standard Time,
      votrubam@... writes:

      One thing is certain -- the text was not written by anyone who'd be
      normally considered a speaker of Slovak, Polish, Rusyn or another
      Slavic language. It contains gender-matching errors that no Slav can
      possibly make and other irregularities make it barely understandable
      in places. A particularly weird mistake is the word that most likely
      strives to represent the Slovak _ked_, which occurs twice and is
      misspelled as _kbe_ in both instances. The text contains one fairly
      common vulgar word that is misused, it would appear, under the
      influence of how it is used in English (but not in Slovak) and is also
      misspelled in a weird way: a random _l_ is attached at its end.

    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
        Dear Kathie,
        Hands off. Waste of time.
        These countries have been floodded by characters like this one, all hoping to win simple peasant souls for their spiritual cause. Whatever it is.
        US must be full of them too.
        Vladimir

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
          Dear Vladimir,

          Thankyou so much for your insight. It is as I figured. What a creep he is,
          huh?

          Sincerely, Kathie Troyan Davis

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
            Thanks, everyone, for helping me out. The guy's posts got pulled down by
            the moderator. LOL :-)

            Kathie Troyan Davis