Can someone translate this for me, please???

  • Kitticitti@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2 3:19 PM
      Hi Friends and Family,

      I haven't been here in nearly a year, I guess. I am discussing some
      religious issues with a guy who says he's in Slovakia, although he doesn't say where
      but claims he works in Poland so he must be up near the border. He sent me
      this, today. I have no idea what he's saying. Would someone be so kind as
      to translate it and if it's BAD stuff, please let me know that it is, but you
      don't have to say what it says, then.

      Thankyou all so much in advance, Sincerely, Kathie Troyan Davis

      Povedz mi daco.

      Preco mylis tak nemozem byvat tu kbe mam philosophia proti kostel? Ten
      region (severno-vychodna) je Rusin - je dost vela cirkvy ale viac ludy su
      Katolicky.
      Mislem nie si prvy generacia Slovenka, lebo ten informacia tak si dal bol
      standardny 'fakty' aj nie ako moderny, mlady ludya misliene. Moja gramatik je
      hovnol ale kbe si Slovenka budis rosmiet co ja pisal.

    • Martin Votruba
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2 5:19 PM
        > I haven't been here in nearly a year, I guess.

        One thing is certain -- the text was not written by anyone who'd be
        normally considered a speaker of Slovak, Polish, Rusyn or another
        Slavic language. It contains gender-matching errors that no Slav can
        possibly make and other irregularities make it barely understandable
        in places. A particularly weird mistake is the word that most likely
        strives to represent the Slovak _ked_, which occurs twice and is
        misspelled as _kbe_ in both instances. The text contains one fairly
        common vulgar word that is misused, it would appear, under the
        influence of how it is used in English (but not in Slovak) and is also
        misspelled in a weird way: a random _l_ is attached at its end.

        Martin

        votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
      • Joe Armata
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2 6:28 PM
          It's poorly written, but most of the meaning gets through.

          "Tell me something. Why do you think I can't live here if I have an
          anti-church (it could mean anti Western church) philosophy? This region
          (north-east) is Rusyn - there are lots of Eastern/Orthodox churches but
          most of the people are Catholic. I think you're not a first-generation
          Slovak, because the information you gave was standard "facts" and not so
          modern, young people's thinking (sense??). My grammar is ... (a very
          naughty word!), but if you are Slovak you'll understand what I wrote."

          Joe
        • Kitticitti@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2 10:54 PM
            Hello Martin,

            Thankyou so much for responding. This is very odd. This guy claims to
            work in Poland, as I said, but lists his residence in Slovakia, yet his surname
            is O'Toole. Hmmmm. I smell a rat. He posted some pix of himself on a
            website, too, and I swear, what I am seeing in the background is NOT Slovakia or
            not the parts of Slovakia I am used to seeing, namely the Saris area.

            I just don't know what to make of all of this. The guy claims to be a
            "demonolgist" and there is a priest on that board, along with me, trying to talk
            sense to the guy. I am mainly there defending the priest, BTW.

            Thanks, Kathie Troyan Davis

            In a message dated 9/2/2006 7:20:45 PM Central Standard Time,
            votrubam@... writes:

            One thing is certain -- the text was not written by anyone who'd be
            normally considered a speaker of Slovak, Polish, Rusyn or another
            Slavic language. It contains gender-matching errors that no Slav can
            possibly make and other irregularities make it barely understandable
            in places. A particularly weird mistake is the word that most likely
            strives to represent the Slovak _ked_, which occurs twice and is
            misspelled as _kbe_ in both instances. The text contains one fairly
            common vulgar word that is misused, it would appear, under the
            influence of how it is used in English (but not in Slovak) and is also
            misspelled in a weird way: a random _l_ is attached at its end.

          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3 12:18 AM
              Dear Kathie,
              Hands off. Waste of time.
              These countries have been floodded by characters like this one, all hoping to win simple peasant souls for their spiritual cause. Whatever it is.
              US must be full of them too.
              Vladimir

              http://www.eset.sk

            • Kitticitti@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3 12:31 AM
                Dear Vladimir,

                Thankyou so much for your insight. It is as I figured. What a creep he is,
                huh?

                Sincerely, Kathie Troyan Davis

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 3 8:01 PM
                  Thanks, everyone, for helping me out. The guy's posts got pulled down by
                  the moderator. LOL :-)

                  Kathie Troyan Davis