RE: [Slovak-World] Re: One more time, please

    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 29 5:26 PM
      D'akujem vel'mi pekne, Joe! I'd forgotten all about Dan. This would probably be the best bet for my own cousin's daughter who just got married. My friend said that because his cousin and her fiance work in London, he was going to send them a personal check, figuring they'd have little trouble with it once they return to London.

      Helen Fedor
      European Division
      Library of Congress
      10 E. First St., S.E.
      Washington, D.C. 20540-4830
      tel. (202) 707-3704
      fax (202) 707-8482
      <hfed@...>
      >>> JArmata@... 08/29/06 5:03 PM >>>
      For sending money to Slovakia, don't forget Dan Kisha:
      http://www.slovakic.com/ You pay here, and he can send money (Slovak
      postal money order?) over there for a reasonable fee.

      Joe
    • Dan Kisha
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 29 5:48 PM
        Had to stop sending money to Slovakia. Received the US Treasury
        Department OK, but the state of Maryland wanted $4000 for a
        license every 2 years. SIC does not do enough money transfer
        business to even come close to breaking even. Paypal had a fit
        over this issue and refused to do business with me. I can
        honestly tell you Paypal is a very bureaucratic outfit.

        Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
        Slovak Import Company
        New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
        <http://www.slovakic.com/>
        Ebay WWW Address:
        http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
        Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

        For sending money to Slovakia, don't forget Dan Kisha:
        http://www.slovakic <http://www.slovakic.com/> .com/ You pay here,

      • bbagin@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 29 6:18 PM
          why not use stormpay.com?

          =====================

          For sending money to Slovakia, don't forget Dan Kisha:
          http://www.slovakic <http://www.slovakic.com/> .com/ You pay here,
          and he can send money (Slovak
          postal money order?) over there for a reasonable fee.

          Joe

          Bruce Bagin
          5620 Forbes Avenue
          Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524
        • Fred G Kovalyak
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 30 2:05 AM
            Bruce, tell us about Stormpay ......have u used them ?

            Fred Kovalyak

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • bbagin@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 30 6:50 AM
              I used Vladimir to perform some genealogical research and paid him using stormpay.com and was very pleased with the quality of his work and the ease of stormpay to ensure he got paid. I used a credit card and storm pay took care of the transaction. It was amazingly easy. Vladimir was a very high quality class professional, and paying him was a snap with storm pay.

              =====================
              From: Fred G Kovalyak <fkovalyak@...>
              Date: 2006/08/30 Wed AM 04:05:00 CDT
              To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
              Cc: Fred G Kovalyak <fgkoval@...>
              Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: One more time, please

              --- bbagin@... wrote:

              > why not use stormpay.com?
              >
              > =====================
              > From: Dan Kisha <daniel.kisha@...>
              > Date: 2006/08/29 Tue PM 07:48:49 CDT
              > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Re: One more time, please
              >

              > Had to stop sending money to Slovakia. Received the US Treasury
              > Department OK, but the state of Maryland wanted $4000 for a
              > license every 2 years. SIC does not do enough money transfer
              > business to even come close to breaking even. Paypal had a fit
              > over this issue and refused to do business with me. I can
              > honestly tell you Paypal is a very bureaucratic outfit.
              >

              > Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
              > Slovak Import Company
              > New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
              > <http://www.slovakic.com/>
              > Ebay WWW Address:
              > http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
              > Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              Bruce Bagin
              5620 Forbes Avenue
              Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524
            • Dan Kisha
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 30 10:27 AM
                My <http://www.slovakic.com/> http://www.slovakic.com web site is
                now being setup with GOOGLE CHECKOUT because I use Google for
                advertising and I get reduced rate for advertising at Google
                Checkout. For the Ebay website, I am now using BIDPAY which is
                approved by EBAY, and Google is not approved yet.

                Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
                Slovak Import Company
                New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
                <http://www.slovakic.com/>
                Ebay WWW Address:
                http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
                Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

                Had to stop sending money to Slovakia. Received the US Treasury
                Department OK, but the state of Maryland wanted $4000 for a
                license every 2 years. SIC does not do enough money transfer
                business to even come close to breaking even. Paypal had a fit
                over this issue and refused to do business with me. I can
                honestly tell you Paypal is a very bureaucratic outfit.

                Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@ <mailto:daniel.kisha%40prodigy.net>
                prodigy.net
                Slovak Import Company
                New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic <http://www.slovakic.com>
                .com

                Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:04 PM

                <http://www.slovakic.com/> .com/> .com/ You pay here,
                and he can send money (Slovak
                postal money order?) over there for a reasonable fee.

                Joe

                Bruce Bagin
                5620 Forbes Avenue
                Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524

              • Vladimir Bohinc
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 2, 2006
                  I receive most of payments with checks. Personal or cashiers. The fee is always about $8. Clearance takes about 10 days.
                  Western Union fee is about $30 and bank transfer about $35.
                  All payments made in US dollars, not koruny.
                  Vladimir

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 2, 2006
                    > I receive most of payments with checks. Personal or cashiers.
                    > The fee is always about $8. Clearance takes about 10 days.

                    Thank you, Vladimir, that's very useful. Could you, kindly, say at
                    what bank (although I'm sure others' fees won't be dramatically
                    different)?

                    Martin

                    votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
                  • Vladimir Bohinc
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 3, 2006
                      I use Tatra Bank.
                      Vladimir

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 5, 2006
                        Thank you once more, Vladimir.

                        Martin

                        votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
                      • Dr. Joe Q
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 5, 2006
                          http://www.foreignmoney.com/

                          I have used the International Currency Express, Inc.
                          to get drafts in Euros. They take credit cards and
                          the draft is sent to you via regular mail. It takes
                          about 3 days to get the draft. The last one I had to
                          get for a Belgium invoice came in 2 days. Their fee
                          is what ever their exchange rate is (1.38 the last
                          time, plus $10 dollars. There is usually not a bank
                          charge for the person who receives it to cash or
                          deposit the draft.

                          I have not asked them about Sk's.

                          Dr. "Q"

                          http://mail.yahoo.com