RE: [Slovak-World] Re: One more time, please

  • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 29, 2006
      For sending money to Slovakia, don't forget Dan Kisha:
      http://www.slovakic.com/ You pay here, and he can send money (Slovak
      postal money order?) over there for a reasonable fee.

      Joe
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 29, 2006
        D'akujem vel'mi pekne, Joe! I'd forgotten all about Dan. This would probably be the best bet for my own cousin's daughter who just got married. My friend said that because his cousin and her fiance work in London, he was going to send them a personal check, figuring they'd have little trouble with it once they return to London.

        Helen Fedor
        European Division
        Library of Congress
        10 E. First St., S.E.
        Washington, D.C. 20540-4830
        tel. (202) 707-3704
        fax (202) 707-8482
        <hfed@...>
        >>> JArmata@... 08/29/06 5:03 PM >>>
        For sending money to Slovakia, don't forget Dan Kisha:
        http://www.slovakic.com/ You pay here, and he can send money (Slovak
        postal money order?) over there for a reasonable fee.

        Joe
      • Dan Kisha
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 29, 2006
          Had to stop sending money to Slovakia. Received the US Treasury
          Department OK, but the state of Maryland wanted $4000 for a
          license every 2 years. SIC does not do enough money transfer
          business to even come close to breaking even. Paypal had a fit
          over this issue and refused to do business with me. I can
          honestly tell you Paypal is a very bureaucratic outfit.

          Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
          Slovak Import Company
          New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
          <http://www.slovakic.com/>
          Ebay WWW Address:
          http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
          Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

          For sending money to Slovakia, don't forget Dan Kisha:
          http://www.slovakic <http://www.slovakic.com/> .com/ You pay here,

        • bbagin@verizon.net
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 29, 2006
            why not use stormpay.com?

            =====================

            For sending money to Slovakia, don't forget Dan Kisha:
            http://www.slovakic <http://www.slovakic.com/> .com/ You pay here,
            and he can send money (Slovak
            postal money order?) over there for a reasonable fee.

            Joe

            Bruce Bagin
            5620 Forbes Avenue
            Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524
          • Fred G Kovalyak
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 30, 2006
              Bruce, tell us about Stormpay ......have u used them ?

              Fred Kovalyak

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • bbagin@verizon.net
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 30, 2006
                I used Vladimir to perform some genealogical research and paid him using stormpay.com and was very pleased with the quality of his work and the ease of stormpay to ensure he got paid. I used a credit card and storm pay took care of the transaction. It was amazingly easy. Vladimir was a very high quality class professional, and paying him was a snap with storm pay.

                =====================
                From: Fred G Kovalyak <fkovalyak@...>
                Date: 2006/08/30 Wed AM 04:05:00 CDT
                To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                Cc: Fred G Kovalyak <fgkoval@...>
                Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: One more time, please

                --- bbagin@... wrote:

                > why not use stormpay.com?
                >
                > =====================
                > From: Dan Kisha <daniel.kisha@...>
                > Date: 2006/08/29 Tue PM 07:48:49 CDT
                > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Re: One more time, please
                >

                > Had to stop sending money to Slovakia. Received the US Treasury
                > Department OK, but the state of Maryland wanted $4000 for a
                > license every 2 years. SIC does not do enough money transfer
                > business to even come close to breaking even. Paypal had a fit
                > over this issue and refused to do business with me. I can
                > honestly tell you Paypal is a very bureaucratic outfit.
                >

                > Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
                > Slovak Import Company
                > New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
                > <http://www.slovakic.com/>
                > Ebay WWW Address:
                > http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
                > Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Bruce Bagin
                5620 Forbes Avenue
                Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524
              • Dan Kisha
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 30, 2006
                  My <http://www.slovakic.com/> http://www.slovakic.com web site is
                  now being setup with GOOGLE CHECKOUT because I use Google for
                  advertising and I get reduced rate for advertising at Google
                  Checkout. For the Ebay website, I am now using BIDPAY which is
                  approved by EBAY, and Google is not approved yet.

                  Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
                  Slovak Import Company
                  New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
                  <http://www.slovakic.com/>
                  Ebay WWW Address:
                  http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
                  Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

                  Had to stop sending money to Slovakia. Received the US Treasury
                  Department OK, but the state of Maryland wanted $4000 for a
                  license every 2 years. SIC does not do enough money transfer
                  business to even come close to breaking even. Paypal had a fit
                  over this issue and refused to do business with me. I can
                  honestly tell you Paypal is a very bureaucratic outfit.

                  Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@ <mailto:daniel.kisha%40prodigy.net>
                  prodigy.net
                  Slovak Import Company
                  New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic <http://www.slovakic.com>
                  .com

                  Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:04 PM

                  <http://www.slovakic.com/> .com/> .com/ You pay here,
                  and he can send money (Slovak
                  postal money order?) over there for a reasonable fee.

                  Joe

                  Bruce Bagin
                  5620 Forbes Avenue
                  Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524

                • Vladimir Bohinc
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 2, 2006
                    I receive most of payments with checks. Personal or cashiers. The fee is always about $8. Clearance takes about 10 days.
                    Western Union fee is about $30 and bank transfer about $35.
                    All payments made in US dollars, not koruny.
                    Vladimir

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 2, 2006
                      > I receive most of payments with checks. Personal or cashiers.
                      > The fee is always about $8. Clearance takes about 10 days.

                      Thank you, Vladimir, that's very useful. Could you, kindly, say at
                      what bank (although I'm sure others' fees won't be dramatically
                      different)?

                      Martin

                      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
                    • Vladimir Bohinc
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 3, 2006
                        I use Tatra Bank.
                        Vladimir

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 5, 2006
                          Thank you once more, Vladimir.

                          Martin

                          votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
                        • Dr. Joe Q
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 5, 2006
                            http://www.foreignmoney.com/

                            I have used the International Currency Express, Inc.
                            to get drafts in Euros. They take credit cards and
                            the draft is sent to you via regular mail. It takes
                            about 3 days to get the draft. The last one I had to
                            get for a Belgium invoice came in 2 days. Their fee
                            is what ever their exchange rate is (1.38 the last
                            time, plus $10 dollars. There is usually not a bank
                            charge for the person who receives it to cash or
                            deposit the draft.

                            I have not asked them about Sk's.

                            Dr. "Q"

                            http://mail.yahoo.com