Re: [Slovak-World] (unknown)

  • e.gernat@att.net
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 30, 2006
      Zher-naa is about the way I say Gernat. I try to tell my grandchildren to say our name correctly. I think it sounds better then Gernat. In Slovak they say Gernut. That I do not like.
      Edward Gernat (Zher-naa

      From: Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@...>

      Message 2 of 22 , May 13, 2009
        Greet you back!

        Are you in Nitra, by any chance?

        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 2 4:29 PM

          Google translator says
          Mŕtvica for stroke.

          (cerebral vascular
          accident)?
          mozgových cievnych
          nehoda

          George Sirko

          http://translate.google.com/#en|en|Stroke
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 2 5:51 PM
            No priatelia moji keby ste to nahodou chceli
            vediet ako sa to po Slovensky spravne povie, tak je to

            MODZGOVA PORAZKA alebo MODZGOVA PRIHODA

            Google stuff below won't do it.

            My cousin in Zvolen just died of one this Sunday.
            Happened while hunting. He was 68. He will be buried in Zvolen tomorrow.

            Vladi

          • cerrunos1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 2 6:44 PM
              Dear friends,

              It is 'mozgova' not 'modzgova' (from the word 'mozog' or brain.) Mrtvica (lekarsky/ medical), iktus, and 'infarkt mozgu' will also work.

              Ben

              From: Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...>
              Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:51:46
              To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] (unknown)

            • lkocik@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 2 6:50 PM
                Vladi

                 I am sorry about your cousin's early death. I am glad for him that he died while doing something he enjoyed.
                I think that is the best you can wish for someone.

                respectfully

                Larry K ocik ----- Original Message -----

                At 04:29 PM 2/2/2011, you wrote:

                >Google translator says
                >MÅ•tvica for stroke.

                >(cerebral vascular
                >accident)?
                >mozgových cievnych
                >nehoda

                >George Sirko
                >
                ><http://translate.google.com/#en>http://translate.google.com/#en|en|Stroke
                >--- On Wed, 2/2/11, William
                ><<mailto:wfbrna%40gmail.com>wfbrna@...> wrote:
                >
                >From: William <<mailto:wfbrna%40gmail.com>wfbrna@...>
                >Subject: [Slovak-World] (unknown)
                >To: <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                >Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 3:08 PM
                >

                >Can somebody give me the Slovak word for "stroke" (cerebral vascular
                >accident)?
                >
                >Bill Brna

              • Vladimir Linder
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 2 10:12 PM
                  Thanks Larry, he was a dentist his wife died some
                  years ago of Alzheimer. Sad story. But yes he
                  loved hunting so much that he even went hunting several times to Arfica.

                  Regarding MODZGOVA MRTVICA . I was testing the
                  waters if anybody figure it right and correct and
                  the D was put in on purpose so, Ben's wife will
                  get an AAA, this time for the D and C for MRTVICA.

                  However they do not use MRTVICA that often as
                  MRTVY is DEAD. So when you have hart attack they
                  say you had an INFARKT and when you have a stroke
                  they say these days MOZGOVA PRIHODA or MOZGOVA PORAZKA.

                  My friend the former priest in Liptovska Teplicka
                  did have a stroke and hart attack at the same
                  time and I was told that he had an INFARKT and MOZGOVU PRIHODU.

                  Now you know. Now my cousin he did die from the
                  prihoda so you could say that he had mrtvica.

                  Vladi

                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 3 7:13 AM
                    My condolences to you as well, Vladi.

                    But you are right.  We all should hope to go doing something we love.

                    I'll probably be right here, typing to you all.

                    At 06:50 PM 2/2/2011, you wrote:

                    >Vladi

                    >Â I am sorry about your cousin's early death. I

                    >am glad for him that he died while doing something he enjoyed.

                    >I think that is the best you can wish for someone.

                    >respectfully

                    >Larry K ocik ----- Original Message -----

                  • William
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 3 7:22 AM
                      On 2/3/2011 10:13 AM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:

                      > My condolences to you as well, Vladi.
                      >
                      > But you are right. We all should hope to go doing something we love.
                      >
                      > I'll probably be right here, typing to you all.
                      >
                      > --- On Thu, 2/3/11, Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...
                      > <mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>> wrote:
                      >
                      > From: Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@... <mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>>
                      > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] (unknown)
                      > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 1:12 AM
                      >

                      > Thanks Larry, he was a dentist his wife died some
                      >
                      > years ago of Alzheimer. Sad story. But yes he
                      >
                      > loved hunting so much that he even went hunting several times to Arfica.
                      >
                      > Regarding MODZGOVA MRTVICA . I was testing the
                      >
                      > waters if anybody figure it right and correct and
                      >
                      > the D was put in on purpose so, Ben's wife will
                      >
                      > get an AAA, this time for the D and C for MRTVICA.
                      >
                      > However they do not use MRTVICA that often as
                      >
                      > MRTVY is DEAD. So when you have hart attack they
                      >
                      > say you had an INFARKT and when you have a stroke
                      >
                      > they say these days MOZGOVA PRIHODA or MOZGOVA PORAZKA.
                      >
                      > My friend the former priest in Liptovska Teplicka
                      >
                      > did have a stroke and hart attack at the same
                      >
                      > time and I was told that he had an INFARKT and MOZGOVU PRIHODU.
                      >
                      > Now you know. Now my cousin he did die from the
                      >
                      > prihoda so you could say that he had mrtvica.
                      >
                      > Vladi
                      >
                      > At 06:50 PM 2/2/2011, you wrote:
                      >

                      > >Vladi
                      >

                      > >Â I am sorry about your cousin's early death. I
                      >
                      > >am glad for him that he died while doing something he enjoyed.
                      >
                      > >I think that is the best you can wish for someone.
                      >

                      > >respectfully
                      >

                      > >Larry K ocik ----- Original Message -----
                      >
                      > >From: "Vladimir Linder"
                      > <<mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>vlinder49@...
                      > <mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>>

                      Bill Brna

                    • pat Thomas
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 9, 2013
                        YES, HALLELUJAH INDEED, CHRIST IS RISEN_!!
                        I like your style Paul, that is so great of you to remind us of "the reason for the Season", where do u go to church at?
                        I attend here in Northern VA, and also go to the Byzantine Catholic Church, love those pierogies!

                        Praying for many Easter Blessings upon you this season,
                        Patricia
                        On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 8:23 AM EDT Paul Payerchin wrote:

                        >Hallelujah! Christ Is Risen!
                      • George Sirko
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 10, 2013
                          Voistinu voskrese