Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Our beautiful Levoca/Money matters in Slovakia

  • Matchett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28 2:38 AM
      Yes, by all means, notify your credit card companies that you'll be in
      Europe and using them to pay hotels and drawing cash. We were declined
      last week in Ireland and had to do some phone calling to re-activate a
      card. We had another credit card though, but it could have happened
      with that one also.

      My phone card (Walmart Int'l. phone card) was handy, but every time I
      used it, I had different amounts of minutes left. One time I"d have
      300 plus minutes left, then 130 minutes left and last time 430 minutes.
      I wondered if it was the time of day I called. We started with a $10
      card and added $75 to it last year, via a credit card, when we were in
      Slovakia. Julia Matchett