Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Levoca Archives

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
      Dear Bill,
      Very well. You have already checked all this and did not find more than his birth. The only thing you can do about him is to check the surrounding parishes for his marriage. There is a slim chance that you find him, checking Spisske Podhradie and Spisske Vlachy.
      If this fails, then you have to go one generation back, take children from there and follow them to the present time. Although you have births for Zehra only till 1896, there are marriages till 1948 and you can research only marriages to get to your relatives.
      There is nothing like "something" in the archive. There are church records and 1869 Census, which you cal also check.
      Best,
      Vladimir