Re: Can Slovaks See the USA in Your Chevrolet circa 1950's

  • Danusha Goska
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      Greg Kopchak, PLEASE -- prosim vas -- (am I using
      that correctly?) please post more details about
      the interstate highway material you mentioned.

      I study ethnicity and am interested in anything
      having anything to do with Bohunks.

      Is there any chance you would photocopy it, or
      scan it, and send it to me?

      I could reciprocate by sending you something ...

      BTW, it is not too late to discuss the Bohunks in
      movies article I published recently. A friend
      posted it on his blog and a lively discussion
      ensued. I would be honored if a Slovak World
      author weighed in with a comment:

      http://thescreamblog.wordpress.com/2006/05/07/american-bohunk/

      My friend's comment notwithstanding, the article
      addresses all Bohunks, not just Poles.

      But, seriously, Greg, please send me as much info
      as you can.

      Danusha Goska

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Gregory J Kopchak
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
        Danusha:

        Helen from the Library of Congress belongs to the group.

        She should be able to point you to sources of early Interstate
        Highway documents from the 1950's in the Library.

        I think LOC has some Interstate gems hidden away.

        I did make a post at your site.

        In the next month I will send you some scans of documents.

        In the 1950's America was different than it claims to be today.

        Some great reasons to make something happen in 1954 would
        surprise a 21st Century American.

        Just take a look at the Japanese-Americans in the early 40's.

        Less than 25% of American immigrants supported the document
        signed on July 4, 1776.

        My wife's family were Loyalists! They fled to Duchess County New
        York after the loss.

        It's interesting that if you print this message on a HP printer, the
        message is being printed via traitors to "Truth, Justice and the America
        Way".

        An HP factory sits on the the site of the former Hewlett family farm in
        Poughkeepsie, New York.

        Greg Kopchak
        It's All Relative

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
            Hey Greg,

            I thought that when Slovak World was resurected, we all agreed that it would
            not be used for political discussions.

            Jack Gergely
            Newport News.

          • bbagin@verizon.net

[...]

              Bruce Bagin
              5620 Forbes Avenue
              Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524
            • Gregory J Kopchak
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
                Thanks Helen.

                The LC has been my hero over the years.

                As we sit in the 21st Century, most American's don't have a
                clue about how the Interstate Highway System came to be.

                You not only have a job ay LOC, but also are a "Guardian of History".

                I'm Impressed,

                Greg Kopchak
                www.iarelative.com