Election results

  • Scott T. Mikusko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2006
      Sheesh, nobody wants to talk about the Slovak elections?

      Looks like center-left party Smer led by Robert Fico took nearly 30% of
      the vote, solidly beating Dzurinda's SDKU party. So now the question
      becomes which parties will form the new coalition govt.

      Despite some of my central Slovak relatives penchant for Meciar and the
      HZDS, I hope Smer acts wisely and chooses the more moderate center-right
      and ethnic minority parties.

      Will be interesting to see how business development goes with this party
      at the helm. While the reforms of the past few years have helped
      Slovakia greatly, many of the low-middle income folks have been seriously
      strained by it. A lot of the booming economy has only been felt in the
      western Bratislava region.

      -S