Slovak Cafe Website Update: June 2006

  • slovakcafe
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
      Hi Everyone,
      A quick post to let you know that I am in the process of updating the Slovak
      Cafe website (www.slovakcafe.com). New features include an Events
      calendar and Travel Blog. If anyone has an event or travel-related item to
      share (Slovak, Rusyn or Czech), let me now and I will add them.
    • krejc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
        slovakcafe@... writes:

        > www.slovakcafe.com

        Hi,
        thanks for the great website. i found a Rusyn Carpatho display right at the
        Garfield, New Jersey library for the month of June. should be interesting.
        have you heard anything about the annual Slovak Festival at Holmdel New
        Jersey this summer?
        Noreen

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
          The 29th Slovak Heritage Festival will be the last Sunday in Sept. Sept. 24 at the PNC Bank Arts Center, exit 116 Garden State Parkway, Holmdel, beings with Mass at 10 am and includes cultural exhibits, sales tables, Slovak food, soccer, a parade of kroj and performances and ends about 5 pm.

          i will be there with an exhibit for the first tine in a number of years so if you are there stop and say hello.

          helene

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
            Dear Helene,
            I am so happy that you sent this and that you will be there. I can make
            that date and I am about an hour away. I have been very busy and meant to
            send in a subscription to your newsletter because the sample copy you sent me
            was really wonderful. Your e-mail really made me look forward to going to
            Holmdel and the festival. I think I may try to drive over some cousins or aunts
            or both or at least tell them about it. I believe the Sabanosh family has
            visited this Slovak Heritage festival in the past. Thanks again for the news
            and information. It will be nice to meet you and to introduce my family to
            you. Marianne

          • barbara
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 7, 2006
              Thanks, Helene. The Holmdel Slovak festival is really a biggee and I
              look forward to seeing you again! A number of years ago at the
              festival, (I think shortly after the Velvet Revolution), I attended
              an outdoor Mass, given by Archbishop Sokol from Trnava. I was moved
              almost to tears by the hundreds of people attending and praying in
              the September sunshine. Little did I imagine that in the year 2000
              we would be meeting Archbishop Sokol on your pilgrimage tour and
              attending his special Mass and dinner at his residence, with Father
              Larry Kulik.

              Does anyone know who will celebrate this year's Mass? Which dance
              groups will be entertaining?

              Barbara Koeller

              At 09:11 PM 6/6/2006, you wrote:

              >The 29th Slovak Heritage Festival will be the last Sunday in Sept.
              >Sept. 24 at the PNC Bank Arts Center, exit 116 Garden State Parkway,
              >Holmdel, beings with Mass at 10 am and includes cultural exhibits,
              >sales tables, Slovak food, soccer, a parade of kroj and performances
              >and ends about 5 pm.
              >
              >i will be there with an exhibit for the first tine in a number of
              >years so if you are there stop and say hello.
              >
              >helene
              >
              ><mailto:krejc%40aol.com>krejc@... wrote:
              >In a message dated 6/6/06 9:11:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              ><mailto:slovakcafe%40yahoo.com>slovakcafe@... writes:
              >
              > > www.slovakcafe.com
              >
              >Hi,
              >thanks for the great website. i found a Rusyn Carpatho display right at the
              >Garfield, New Jersey library for the month of June. should be interesting.
              >have you heard anything about the annual Slovak Festival at Holmdel New
              >Jersey this summer?
              >Noreen

            • kmzluky
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2006
                Hi Everybody,
                There is a meeting on the 21st of June. So as soon as I find
                out I will post the information. Heard it is a Bishop from
                Slovakia but we are not positive.
                Katherine