RE: [Slovak-World] Photo Exhibit at Helpa Festival, June 23 - 25

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
      HI STEVE - In Romania til Aug 10 - then Kosice and party in a tokaj wine cellar that night; Aug 12 and 13 we are going to Miscolc Hungary but will be back in Slovakia on the 14th for dinner and a wonderful folk performance in a village near Detva - you are welcome to join us - we will be staying in Banska Bystrica - does any of this work for you????

      know you will enjoy the liptovska Teplicka Festival - take warm clothes for the evening performances.

      helene
      kmzluky <meadow10@...> wrote:
      Hi Helene,
      Yes, we will be there from Aug. 2nd to the 15th. Will be at Liptovska
      Teplica festival and what ever else we can find. Thought maybe we could
      catch up to you.
      Steve

      and then return Aug 11 - then last group for Three Countries trip Aug 12 -
      21 and then going to visit a friend in Budapest for a week. So maybe back
      at the end of the month.

      > Will you be in Slovakia then?
      >
      > helene
      >
      > kmzluky <meadow10@...> wrote:
      > Helene,
      > Will you be in Slovakia in August?
      > Steve

      Liptov,
      > Spis, as well as photos throughout Sklovakia that my mother and I have
      > taken during the past 36 years.
      > > The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds
      > overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras. Expect
      > the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you there. (If you
      > want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil phone number - expect to
      > have it beginning June 22).
      > >
      > > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which
      > by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready - but
      > it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and dress are
      > outstanding!
      > >
      > > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
      > "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and village
      > treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and sewing and telling
      > stories; the older village men come to joke and sing songs and play the
      > accordion and the fujara and there is a super booth where you can taste
      all
      > the local specialties - like gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful
      and
      > buttermilk and baked goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often
      > there are craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or
      > there have been in the past.
      > >
      > > This takes place in a little square in the village below the church.
      > The festival is at the other end of town up on the hillside.so be sure to
      > check out the program so you don't miss anything. And things do change so
      > hope this fun part is still going to be held. The festival performances
      > begin Fri and continue through Sat. and Sun.
      > >
      > > helene

      > > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
      > Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

      Service.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
      Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

    • kmzluky
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
        Hi Helene,
        To bad we won't be able to connect. We will be leaving for Kosice and our
        trip home about that time.
        Thanks for the tip on the warm clothes. The nights do get cold.
        When is your next publication coming out? I will have most of the correct
        info by
        the 21st of this month for the NJ festival. (our next meeting date)
        Looking forward to the trip and the festivals.
        Steve