Re: [Slovak-World] Exhibit in LEVOCA

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
      You can take a virtual tour of my exhibit:

      http://lindervideo.com/Levoca2006/01.htm

      Vladimir Linder

      I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
      Village Photography in Slovakia.

      More information on:
      Genealogical research:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
      Ancestral Village Videos:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
      Ancestral Village Photography:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
      History of any village or town in Slovakia:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

      Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

      Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
      starts JUNE 12, 2006
      To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
      My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

      Email: vlinder49@...

      Contact me for more details

      Vladimir Linder
      3804 Yale Street
      Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
      Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
    • kmzluky
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
        Hi Helene,
        Yes, we will be there from Aug. 2nd to the 15th. Will be at Liptovska
        Teplica festival and what ever else we can find. Thought maybe we could
        catch up to you.
        Steve

        and then return Aug 11 - then last group for Three Countries trip Aug 12 -
        21 and then going to visit a friend in Budapest for a week. So maybe back
        at the end of the month.

        > Will you be in Slovakia then?
        >
        > helene
        >
        > kmzluky <meadow10@...> wrote:
        > Helene,
        > Will you be in Slovakia in August?
        > Steve

        Liptov,
        > Spis, as well as photos throughout Sklovakia that my mother and I have
        > taken during the past 36 years.
        > > The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds
        > overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras. Expect
        > the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you there. (If you
        > want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil phone number - expect to
        > have it beginning June 22).
        > >
        > > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which
        > by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready - but
        > it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and dress are
        > outstanding!
        > >
        > > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
        > "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and village
        > treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and sewing and telling
        > stories; the older village men come to joke and sing songs and play the
        > accordion and the fujara and there is a super booth where you can taste
        all
        > the local specialties - like gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful
        and
        > buttermilk and baked goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often
        > there are craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or
        > there have been in the past.
        > >
        > > This takes place in a little square in the village below the church.
        > The festival is at the other end of town up on the hillside.so be sure to
        > check out the program so you don't miss anything. And things do change so
        > hope this fun part is still going to be held. The festival performances
        > begin Fri and continue through Sat. and Sun.
        > >
        > > helene

        > > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
        > Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

        Service.

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
        Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
          HI STEVE - In Romania til Aug 10 - then Kosice and party in a tokaj wine cellar that night; Aug 12 and 13 we are going to Miscolc Hungary but will be back in Slovakia on the 14th for dinner and a wonderful folk performance in a village near Detva - you are welcome to join us - we will be staying in Banska Bystrica - does any of this work for you????

          know you will enjoy the liptovska Teplicka Festival - take warm clothes for the evening performances.

          helene

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
            Hi Helene,
            To bad we won't be able to connect. We will be leaving for Kosice and our
            trip home about that time.
            Thanks for the tip on the warm clothes. The nights do get cold.
            When is your next publication coming out? I will have most of the correct
            info by
            the 21st of this month for the NJ festival. (our next meeting date)
            Looking forward to the trip and the festivals.
            Steve