Re: [Slovak-World] Exhibit in LEVOCA

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
      At 08:46 AM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
      >My exhibit in Levoca has opened, take a look.
      >http://www.snm.sk/?lang=svk&org=11§ion=podu&id=463

      Translated text:
      GOTHIC EMOTIONS
      EMÓCIE GOTIKY,
      Vladimir Linder

      Is an exhibit of photographs from the church of
      St. James in Levoca from photographer Vladimir
      Linder. Concept of the exhibit is based in
      capturing and illustration of emotions in Gothic
      statues through the lens of author complimented
      by quotations from that era and texts dedicated
      to the given subject. More than 60 photographs
      are on display mostly of portrait character,
      which attract by remarkable views of gothic
      statues from Church of St. James in Levo a.
      Photographs are evoking immense survival of
      emotionally strained moments. They have portrait
      character and they are possibility for comparison
      of common view of monumental works and detailed
      not much visible and not very well known looks.
      Comparison offers also time spectrum of early
      gothic up to its late period coming from hands of
      Master Pavol from Levoca. Subject matter is
      abundant. Prevailing is Laying to the grave, Last
      supper, Crucifixion, saints and woman saints in
      moments of torture, ecstasy, prayers… Selection
      of photographs was made in consideration of the
      name of the whole exhibit: Gothic Emotions, and
      it tried to pick up indication of
      characterization of statue as part of
      psychologization of individual statues,
      progressed crystallization of portrait features
      and using wide palette of gestures.
      Text part of the exhibit is complementing
      medieval texts as inseparable and important part
      of medieval perception of work of art,
      appreciation of beauty and connecting
      spirituality with artistic expression. The goal
      is presentation of abundant unique cultural
      heritage-with eye of photographer and comparison
      with literary works. The photographs are
      complimented by copies of works of Master Pavol
      from Levo a-plaster moulds from last supper-from
      the main altar of the church of St. James in Levo
      a. Interesting part of exhibition is so called
      Three of knowledge on which there are statements
      and quotations from works of medieval
      authors. Component of exhibit is also computer
      presentation of more than 200 photographs, that
      were supplied by Vladimir Linder and thus makes
      possible even more looks that were unable to be
      installed. Component of this exhibit are also
      whole looks at altars, so we can offer our
      visitors possibility to view the complete works.
      Exhibit will be open until August 11, 2006 in the
      premises of the Old City Hall.
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
        You can take a virtual tour of my exhibit:

        http://lindervideo.com/Levoca2006/01.htm

        Vladimir Linder

        I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
        Village Photography in Slovakia.

        More information on:
        Genealogical research:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
        Ancestral Village Videos:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
        Ancestral Village Photography:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
        History of any village or town in Slovakia:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

        Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

        Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
        starts JUNE 12, 2006
        To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
        My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

        Email: vlinder49@...

        Contact me for more details

        Vladimir Linder
        3804 Yale Street
        Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
      • kmzluky
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
          Hi Helene,
          Yes, we will be there from Aug. 2nd to the 15th. Will be at Liptovska
          Teplica festival and what ever else we can find. Thought maybe we could
          catch up to you.
          Steve

          and then return Aug 11 - then last group for Three Countries trip Aug 12 -
          21 and then going to visit a friend in Budapest for a week. So maybe back
          at the end of the month.

          > Will you be in Slovakia then?
          >
          > helene
          >
          > kmzluky <meadow10@...> wrote:
          > Helene,
          > Will you be in Slovakia in August?
          > Steve

          Liptov,
          > Spis, as well as photos throughout Sklovakia that my mother and I have
          > taken during the past 36 years.
          > > The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds
          > overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras. Expect
          > the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you there. (If you
          > want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil phone number - expect to
          > have it beginning June 22).
          > >
          > > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which
          > by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready - but
          > it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and dress are
          > outstanding!
          > >
          > > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
          > "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and village
          > treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and sewing and telling
          > stories; the older village men come to joke and sing songs and play the
          > accordion and the fujara and there is a super booth where you can taste
          all
          > the local specialties - like gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful
          and
          > buttermilk and baked goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often
          > there are craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or
          > there have been in the past.
          > >
          > > This takes place in a little square in the village below the church.
          > The festival is at the other end of town up on the hillside.so be sure to
          > check out the program so you don't miss anything. And things do change so
          > hope this fun part is still going to be held. The festival performances
          > begin Fri and continue through Sat. and Sun.
          > >
          > > helene

          > > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
          > Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

          Service.

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
          Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
            HI STEVE - In Romania til Aug 10 - then Kosice and party in a tokaj wine cellar that night; Aug 12 and 13 we are going to Miscolc Hungary but will be back in Slovakia on the 14th for dinner and a wonderful folk performance in a village near Detva - you are welcome to join us - we will be staying in Banska Bystrica - does any of this work for you????

            know you will enjoy the liptovska Teplicka Festival - take warm clothes for the evening performances.

            helene

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
              Hi Helene,
              To bad we won't be able to connect. We will be leaving for Kosice and our
              trip home about that time.
              Thanks for the tip on the warm clothes. The nights do get cold.
              When is your next publication coming out? I will have most of the correct
              info by
              the 21st of this month for the NJ festival. (our next meeting date)
              Looking forward to the trip and the festivals.
              Steve