First PLICHTA Family to arrive in America, February 14, 1884

  • Plichta
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      If anyone has information of an earlier arrival in America by a PLICHTA
      family, please forward information to: Plichta@...

      On February 14, 1884, the family of Valentin (age 45) and Anna Plichta (age
      38) arrived at Castle Garden, New York. They originated in Germany and
      departed the port of Bremen aboard the ship S.S. Hermann. Accompanying
      Valentin and Anna were their eight children; Michael (age 18), Johann (age
      14), Vincent (age 11), Leonard (age 10), Clara (age 9), Catherina (age 7),
      Franzisca (age 4) and an infant Paul (age 911).

      [Note: The infant Paul's age of 911 may refer to days (2.5 years) or may
      represent some other form of abbreviation. Based on information from the
      1900 census, Paul's birth was January 1882 which would have made him 2 years
      and 1 month when he arrived in 1884.]

      The occupations for Valentin and Anna and the three oldest sons are all
      listed as "farmer".

      The family is found in the 1900 census living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and
      followed in the 1910 and 1920 censuses. I have found 49 individuals in this
      family branch and I have been in contact with the modern day descendants who
      continue to live in Wisconsin.

      Although the "first family" historically, it is identified as Plichta Family
      #18 in the "Searching the World for PLICHTAs" data search.

      Anyone demonstrating a relationship to this family should contact me for
      additional details and exchange of information.

      Frank R. Plichta

      "Searching the World for PLICHAs"

      Galax, Virginia