Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky, Volume 1

  • plichta@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
      In 2002 I purchased a copy of Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky,
      Volume I (Official Heraldry Register of Slovakia) ISBN 80-7090-584-0. The
      text was written by Peter Kartous and Ladislav Vrtel' and published by
      Ministerstvo Vnu'tra SR, Matica Slovenska' 2000. The material contains
      Slovak national symbols and the coat of arms and flags for 452 cities,
      villages and towns in Slovakia.

      I recall that this volume was to be followed by three additional volumes. I
      have not been able to locate Volume II, III or IV.

      If you have information concerning this text and future volumes, please
      forward the information to me.

      Thank you.

      Frank R. Plichta

      Galax, Virginia

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
        I checked the Matica (the publisher) website and found <http://www.vydavatel.sk/inshop/scripts/price_list.asp> that they offer vols 1-4. The note to vol 4 says: "For now, it is the last of the 6 planned volumes of the _Heraldry Register_ and contains..." Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We only have vols 1-3, so I'll order no.4.

        >>> plichta@... 06/02/06 10:37 AM >>>
        In 2002 I purchased a copy of Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky,
        Volume I (Official Heraldry Register of Slovakia) ISBN 80-7090-584-0. The
        text was written by Peter Kartous and Ladislav Vrtel' and published by
        Ministerstvo Vnu'tra SR, Matica Slovenska' 2000. The material contains
        Slovak national symbols and the coat of arms and flags for 452 cities,
        villages and towns in Slovakia.

        I recall that this volume was to be followed by three additional volumes. I
        have not been able to locate Volume II, III or IV.

        If you have information concerning this text and future volumes, please
        forward the information to me.

        Thank you.

        Frank R. Plichta

        Galax, Virginia

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • J. Michutka
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
          At 11:16 AM 6/2/2006 -0400, you wrote:
          >I checked the Matica (the publisher) website

          I just took a quick look at their website http://www.matica.sk/ ; any idea
          if they have an on-site bookstore? I expect to be in Martin on our trip.....

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...
        • S. R.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
            Try the :Slovakia Document Store
            http://slovakia.eunet.sk/index.asp?kam=/go/mapa.asp&lang=en&sv=1&mc=1099&mid
            =1 for vol. 4
            also a fun site to shop in English
            S. R. Krizan new srKrizan@... -----Original Message-----

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
              The url I gave <http://www.vydavatel.sk/inshop/scripts/price_list.asp> will take you to their online bookstore. In the search ("vyhladat'") box in the upper left, type in "heraldicky register" and you'll get a listing of all the volumes.

              >>> jmm@... 06/02/06 12:21 PM >>>

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                At 12:38 PM 6/2/2006 -0400, you wrote:
                >The url I gave <http://www.vydavatel.sk/inshop/scripts/price_list.asp>
                >will take you to their online bookstore.

                Yes, but it's more fun to shop in Slovakia than to order on-line,
                right? So as long as I'm going to be in Martin anyway.....does Matica have
                a bookshop there?

                Julie Michutka
                jmm@...
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                  Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were having trouble finding the online bookshop. When I was in Martin last year, I didn't visit the Matica, just the Slovak Nat'l Library, so I don't know if Matica has a bookstore or not.

                  >>> jmm@... 06/02/06 1:01 PM >>>