Another invitation - Piestany Party July 28

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
      Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...> wrote: Helene see you there, I am looking forward to see the exhibit.THAT'S GREAT VLAD - HOPE YOU CAN COME TO THE OPENING

      As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
      under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
      August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here. THAT IS ANOTHER SPECIAL AND SWEET FESTIVAL! WISH I COULD BE THERE - BUT WILL BE LEADING A GROUP IN ROMANIA

      THE AMPHITHEATRE THERE HAS SUCH A DRAMATIC SETTING!!!!
      AND THE PARTIES ARE GOOD TOO!!!!

      REMEMBER DEB JACKSON WHO SANG AT THE FESTIVAL ONE YEAR - SHE IS GOING TO PERFORM IN PIESTANY AT OUR ANNUAL GALA PARTY ON JULY 28 IN THE HISTORIC KURSALON IN THE HEART OF PIESTANY.

      IT WILL BE A CONCERT - DANCE PARTY AND DEB WILL PERFORM ALONG WITH INTERNATIONAL SINGING STAR JOZEF IVASKA - THEY WILL DO SOME DUETS - SHOULD BE FUN!

      IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE PIESTANY AREA THEN AND WANTS TO JOIN US - E MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO

      helene
      helenezx@...

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
        I will be in Helpa from about noon on friday.

        Vladi

        At 06:28 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:

        >Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...> wrote: Helene see you there,
        >I am looking forward to see the exhibit.THAT'S GREAT VLAD - HOPE YOU
        >CAN COME TO THE OPENING
        >
        >As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
        >under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
        >August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here. THAT IS ANOTHER SPECIAL
        >AND SWEET FESTIVAL! WISH I COULD BE THERE - BUT WILL BE LEADING A
        >GROUP IN ROMANIA
        >
        > THE AMPHITHEATRE THERE HAS SUCH A DRAMATIC SETTING!!!!
        > AND THE PARTIES ARE GOOD TOO!!!!
        >
        > REMEMBER DEB JACKSON WHO SANG AT THE FESTIVAL ONE YEAR - SHE IS
        > GOING TO PERFORM IN PIESTANY AT OUR ANNUAL GALA PARTY ON JULY 28 IN
        > THE HISTORIC KURSALON IN THE HEART OF PIESTANY.
        >
        > IT WILL BE A CONCERT - DANCE PARTY AND DEB WILL PERFORM ALONG
        > WITH INTERNATIONAL SINGING STAR JOZEF IVASKA - THEY WILL DO SOME
        > DUETS - SHOULD BE FUN!
        >
        > IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE PIESTANY AREA THEN AND WANTS TO JOIN US
        > - E MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO
        >
        > helene
        > helenezx@...

        > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava
        > slovakia Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

        >phone card
        ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia+call&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=chO1bkXch07FfvTG3Hly7Q>Slovakia
        >call
        ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Bratislava+slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=xXIK730FZxwfPZh6C_b8cg>Bratislava
        >slovakia
        ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hotel+slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=ZZfegUggrbhmbRi57TfUbw>Hotel
        >slovakia
        ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia+phone&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=D2lrJO4Qgv1x0Xnpgi7-DA>Slovakia
        >phone
        ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=OIcMxojXFaOt3ZQvYvdIvQ>Slovakia

        > *
        >

        >----------
      • kmzluky
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
          Helene,
          Will you be in Slovakia in August?
          Steve

          photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25. It will feature photos
          from the beautiful Horehronie region, neighboring regions of Detva, Liptov,
          Spis, as well as photos throughout Sklovakia that my mother and I have
          taken during the past 36 years.
          > The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds
          overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras. Expect
          the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you there. (If you
          want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil phone number - expect to
          have it beginning June 22).

          > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which
          by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready - but
          it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and dress are
          outstanding!

          > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
          "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and village
          treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and sewing and telling
          stories; the older village men come to joke and sing songs and play the
          accordion and the fujara and there is a super booth where you can taste all
          the local specialties - like gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful and
          buttermilk and baked goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often
          there are craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or
          there have been in the past.

          > This takes place in a little square in the village below the church.
          The festival is at the other end of town up on the hillside.so be sure to
          check out the program so you don't miss anything. And things do change so
          hope this fun part is still going to be held. The festival performances
          begin Fri and continue through Sat. and Sun.

          > helene

          > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
          Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

        • durisek
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
            HI Helene...
            Just back from SK 3 weeks.... Sorry to have missed your exhibit....Always a fun party.
            Zuzka

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
              HI Steve - in and out - taking a group to romania on Aug 1 from Kosice and then return Aug 11 - then last group for Three Countries trip Aug 12 - 21 and then going to visit a friend in Budapest for a week. So maybe back at the end of the month.

              Will you be in Slovakia then?

              helene

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                At 08:46 AM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
                >My exhibit in Levoca has opened, take a look.
                >http://www.snm.sk/?lang=svk&org=11§ion=podu&id=463

                Translated text:
                GOTHIC EMOTIONS
                EMÓCIE GOTIKY,
                Vladimir Linder

                Is an exhibit of photographs from the church of
                St. James in Levoca from photographer Vladimir
                Linder. Concept of the exhibit is based in
                capturing and illustration of emotions in Gothic
                statues through the lens of author complimented
                by quotations from that era and texts dedicated
                to the given subject. More than 60 photographs
                are on display mostly of portrait character,
                which attract by remarkable views of gothic
                statues from Church of St. James in Levo a.
                Photographs are evoking immense survival of
                emotionally strained moments. They have portrait
                character and they are possibility for comparison
                of common view of monumental works and detailed
                not much visible and not very well known looks.
                Comparison offers also time spectrum of early
                gothic up to its late period coming from hands of
                Master Pavol from Levoca. Subject matter is
                abundant. Prevailing is Laying to the grave, Last
                supper, Crucifixion, saints and woman saints in
                moments of torture, ecstasy, prayers… Selection
                of photographs was made in consideration of the
                name of the whole exhibit: Gothic Emotions, and
                it tried to pick up indication of
                characterization of statue as part of
                psychologization of individual statues,
                progressed crystallization of portrait features
                and using wide palette of gestures.
                Text part of the exhibit is complementing
                medieval texts as inseparable and important part
                of medieval perception of work of art,
                appreciation of beauty and connecting
                spirituality with artistic expression. The goal
                is presentation of abundant unique cultural
                heritage-with eye of photographer and comparison
                with literary works. The photographs are
                complimented by copies of works of Master Pavol
                from Levo a-plaster moulds from last supper-from
                the main altar of the church of St. James in Levo
                a. Interesting part of exhibition is so called
                Three of knowledge on which there are statements
                and quotations from works of medieval
                authors. Component of exhibit is also computer
                presentation of more than 200 photographs, that
                were supplied by Vladimir Linder and thus makes
                possible even more looks that were unable to be
                installed. Component of this exhibit are also
                whole looks at altars, so we can offer our
                visitors possibility to view the complete works.
                Exhibit will be open until August 11, 2006 in the
                premises of the Old City Hall.
              • Vladimir Linder
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                  You can take a virtual tour of my exhibit:

                  http://lindervideo.com/Levoca2006/01.htm

                  Vladimir Linder

                  I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
                  Village Photography in Slovakia.

                  More information on:
                  Genealogical research:
                  http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
                  Ancestral Village Videos:
                  http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
                  Ancestral Village Photography:
                  http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
                  History of any village or town in Slovakia:
                  http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

                  Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

                  Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
                  starts JUNE 12, 2006
                  To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
                  My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

                  Email: vlinder49@...

                  Contact me for more details

                  Vladimir Linder
                  3804 Yale Street
                  Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
                  Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
                • kmzluky
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                    Hi Helene,
                    Yes, we will be there from Aug. 2nd to the 15th. Will be at Liptovska
                    Teplica festival and what ever else we can find. Thought maybe we could
                    catch up to you.
                    Steve

                    Service.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                      HI STEVE - In Romania til Aug 10 - then Kosice and party in a tokaj wine cellar that night; Aug 12 and 13 we are going to Miscolc Hungary but will be back in Slovakia on the 14th for dinner and a wonderful folk performance in a village near Detva - you are welcome to join us - we will be staying in Banska Bystrica - does any of this work for you????

                      know you will enjoy the liptovska Teplicka Festival - take warm clothes for the evening performances.

                      helene

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                        Hi Helene,
                        To bad we won't be able to connect. We will be leaving for Kosice and our
                        trip home about that time.
                        Thanks for the tip on the warm clothes. The nights do get cold.
                        When is your next publication coming out? I will have most of the correct
                        info by
                        the 21st of this month for the NJ festival. (our next meeting date)
                        Looking forward to the trip and the festivals.
                        Steve