Re: [Slovak-World] Photo Exhibit at Helpa Festival, June 23 - 25

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
      At 02:46 PM 6/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
      >Anyone who will be in Slovakia towards the end of June is invited to our
      >photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25.

      Shoot--we arrive two days later.

      > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which
      > by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready

      Wait--they've cancelled the festival at Vychodna???? Really??? We were
      planning to go! Rats!!!

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
        Helene see you there, I am looking forward to see the exhibit.

        As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
        under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
        August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here.

        Vladi

        At 02:46 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:
        >Anyone who will be in Slovakia towards the end of June is invited to
        >our photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25. It will
        >feature photos from the beautiful Horehronie region, neighboring
        >regions of Detva, Liptov, Spis, as well as photos throughout
        >Sklovakia that my mother and I have taken during the past 36 years.
        > The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds
        > overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras.
        > Expect the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you
        > there. (If you want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil
        > phone number - expect to have it beginning June 22).
        >
        > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna -
        > which by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not
        > ready - but it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and
        > dress are outstanding!
        >
        > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
        > "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and
        > village treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and
        > sewing and telling stories; the older village men come to joke and
        > sing songs and play the accordion and the fujara and there is a
        > super booth where you can taste all the local specialties - like
        > gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful and buttermilk and baked
        > goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often there are
        > craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or there
        > have been in the past.
        >
        > This takes place in a little square in the village below the
        > church. The festival is at the other end of town up on the
        > hillside.so be sure to check out the program so you don't miss
        > anything. And things do change so hope this fun part is still going
        > to be held. The festival performances begin Fri and continue
        > through Sat. and Sun.
        >
        > helene

        Vladimir Linder

        I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
        Village Photography in Slovakia.

        More information on:
        Genealogical research:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
        Ancestral Village Videos:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
        Ancestral Village Photography:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
        History of any village or town in Slovakia:
        http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

        Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

        Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
        starts JUNE 12, 2006
        To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
        My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

        Email: vlinder49@...

        Contact me for more details

        Vladimir Linder
        3804 Yale Street
        Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
          Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...> wrote: Helene see you there, I am looking forward to see the exhibit.THAT'S GREAT VLAD - HOPE YOU CAN COME TO THE OPENING

          As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
          under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
          August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here. THAT IS ANOTHER SPECIAL AND SWEET FESTIVAL! WISH I COULD BE THERE - BUT WILL BE LEADING A GROUP IN ROMANIA

          THE AMPHITHEATRE THERE HAS SUCH A DRAMATIC SETTING!!!!
          AND THE PARTIES ARE GOOD TOO!!!!

          REMEMBER DEB JACKSON WHO SANG AT THE FESTIVAL ONE YEAR - SHE IS GOING TO PERFORM IN PIESTANY AT OUR ANNUAL GALA PARTY ON JULY 28 IN THE HISTORIC KURSALON IN THE HEART OF PIESTANY.

          IT WILL BE A CONCERT - DANCE PARTY AND DEB WILL PERFORM ALONG WITH INTERNATIONAL SINGING STAR JOZEF IVASKA - THEY WILL DO SOME DUETS - SHOULD BE FUN!

          IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE PIESTANY AREA THEN AND WANTS TO JOIN US - E MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO

          helene
          helenezx@...

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
            I will be in Helpa from about noon on friday.

            Vladi

            At 06:28 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:

            >Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...> wrote: Helene see you there,
            >I am looking forward to see the exhibit.THAT'S GREAT VLAD - HOPE YOU
            >CAN COME TO THE OPENING
            >
            >As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
            >under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
            >August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here. THAT IS ANOTHER SPECIAL
            >AND SWEET FESTIVAL! WISH I COULD BE THERE - BUT WILL BE LEADING A
            >GROUP IN ROMANIA
            >
            > THE AMPHITHEATRE THERE HAS SUCH A DRAMATIC SETTING!!!!
            > AND THE PARTIES ARE GOOD TOO!!!!
            >
            > REMEMBER DEB JACKSON WHO SANG AT THE FESTIVAL ONE YEAR - SHE IS
            > GOING TO PERFORM IN PIESTANY AT OUR ANNUAL GALA PARTY ON JULY 28 IN
            > THE HISTORIC KURSALON IN THE HEART OF PIESTANY.
            >
            > IT WILL BE A CONCERT - DANCE PARTY AND DEB WILL PERFORM ALONG
            > WITH INTERNATIONAL SINGING STAR JOZEF IVASKA - THEY WILL DO SOME
            > DUETS - SHOULD BE FUN!
            >
            > IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE PIESTANY AREA THEN AND WANTS TO JOIN US
            > - E MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO
            >
            > helene
            > helenezx@...

            > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava
            > slovakia Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

            >phone card
            ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia+call&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=chO1bkXch07FfvTG3Hly7Q>Slovakia
            >call
            ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Bratislava+slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=xXIK730FZxwfPZh6C_b8cg>Bratislava
            >slovakia
            ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hotel+slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=ZZfegUggrbhmbRi57TfUbw>Hotel
            >slovakia
            ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia+phone&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=D2lrJO4Qgv1x0Xnpgi7-DA>Slovakia
            >phone
            ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=OIcMxojXFaOt3ZQvYvdIvQ>Slovakia

            > *
            >

            >----------
          • kmzluky
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
              Helene,
              Will you be in Slovakia in August?
              Steve

              by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready - but
              it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and dress are
              outstanding!

              > One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a
              "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and village
              treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and sewing and telling
              stories; the older village men come to joke and sing songs and play the
              accordion and the fujara and there is a super booth where you can taste all
              the local specialties - like gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful and
              buttermilk and baked goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often
              there are craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or
              there have been in the past.

              > This takes place in a little square in the village below the church.
              The festival is at the other end of town up on the hillside.so be sure to
              check out the program so you don't miss anything. And things do change so
              hope this fun part is still going to be held. The festival performances
              begin Fri and continue through Sat. and Sun.

              > helene

              > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava slovakia
              Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

            • durisek
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
                HI Helene...
                Just back from SK 3 weeks.... Sorry to have missed your exhibit....Always a fun party.
                Zuzka

              • helene cincebeaux
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                  HI Steve - in and out - taking a group to romania on Aug 1 from Kosice and then return Aug 11 - then last group for Three Countries trip Aug 12 - 21 and then going to visit a friend in Budapest for a week. So maybe back at the end of the month.

                  Will you be in Slovakia then?

                  helene

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                    At 08:46 AM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
                    >My exhibit in Levoca has opened, take a look.
                    >http://www.snm.sk/?lang=svk&org=11§ion=podu&id=463

                    Translated text:
                    GOTHIC EMOTIONS
                    EMÓCIE GOTIKY,
                    Vladimir Linder

                    Is an exhibit of photographs from the church of
                    St. James in Levoca from photographer Vladimir
                    Linder. Concept of the exhibit is based in
                    capturing and illustration of emotions in Gothic
                    statues through the lens of author complimented
                    by quotations from that era and texts dedicated
                    to the given subject. More than 60 photographs
                    are on display mostly of portrait character,
                    which attract by remarkable views of gothic
                    statues from Church of St. James in Levo a.
                    Photographs are evoking immense survival of
                    emotionally strained moments. They have portrait
                    character and they are possibility for comparison
                    of common view of monumental works and detailed
                    not much visible and not very well known looks.
                    Comparison offers also time spectrum of early
                    gothic up to its late period coming from hands of
                    Master Pavol from Levoca. Subject matter is
                    abundant. Prevailing is Laying to the grave, Last
                    supper, Crucifixion, saints and woman saints in
                    moments of torture, ecstasy, prayers… Selection
                    of photographs was made in consideration of the
                    name of the whole exhibit: Gothic Emotions, and
                    it tried to pick up indication of
                    characterization of statue as part of
                    psychologization of individual statues,
                    progressed crystallization of portrait features
                    and using wide palette of gestures.
                    Text part of the exhibit is complementing
                    medieval texts as inseparable and important part
                    of medieval perception of work of art,
                    appreciation of beauty and connecting
                    spirituality with artistic expression. The goal
                    is presentation of abundant unique cultural
                    heritage-with eye of photographer and comparison
                    with literary works. The photographs are
                    complimented by copies of works of Master Pavol
                    from Levo a-plaster moulds from last supper-from
                    the main altar of the church of St. James in Levo
                    a. Interesting part of exhibition is so called
                    Three of knowledge on which there are statements
                    and quotations from works of medieval
                    authors. Component of exhibit is also computer
                    presentation of more than 200 photographs, that
                    were supplied by Vladimir Linder and thus makes
                    possible even more looks that were unable to be
                    installed. Component of this exhibit are also
                    whole looks at altars, so we can offer our
                    visitors possibility to view the complete works.
                    Exhibit will be open until August 11, 2006 in the
                    premises of the Old City Hall.
                  • Vladimir Linder

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                        Hi Helene,
                        Yes, we will be there from Aug. 2nd to the 15th. Will be at Liptovska
                        Teplica festival and what ever else we can find. Thought maybe we could
                        catch up to you.
                        Steve

                        Service.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                          HI STEVE - In Romania til Aug 10 - then Kosice and party in a tokaj wine cellar that night; Aug 12 and 13 we are going to Miscolc Hungary but will be back in Slovakia on the 14th for dinner and a wonderful folk performance in a village near Detva - you are welcome to join us - we will be staying in Banska Bystrica - does any of this work for you????

                          know you will enjoy the liptovska Teplicka Festival - take warm clothes for the evening performances.

                          helene

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                            Hi Helene,
                            To bad we won't be able to connect. We will be leaving for Kosice and our
                            trip home about that time.
                            Thanks for the tip on the warm clothes. The nights do get cold.
                            When is your next publication coming out? I will have most of the correct
                            info by
                            the 21st of this month for the NJ festival. (our next meeting date)
                            Looking forward to the trip and the festivals.
                            Steve