Exhibit in LEVOCA

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 19 , May 31, 2006
      My exhibit in Levoca has opened, take a look.
      http://www.snm.sk/?lang=svk&org=11§ion=podu&id=463

      Slovak only.

      Vladi

      Vladimir Linder

      I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
      Village Photography in Slovakia.

      More information on:
      Genealogical research:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
      Ancestral Village Videos:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
      Ancestral Village Photography:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
      History of any village or town in Slovakia:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

      Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

      Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
      starts JUNE 12, 2006
      To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
      My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

      Email: vlinder49@...

      Contact me for more details

      Vladimir Linder
      3804 Yale Street
      Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
      Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
    • pjjano@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , May 31, 2006
        In a message dated 5/31/2006 8:48:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        vlinder49@... writes:
        slovakheritage.org cant open up the vebsite about the exhibit in Levoca would
        like to visit thanks Paul Janosik

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 19 , May 31, 2006
          Paul it does work.

          At 10:14 AM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
          >In a message dated 5/31/2006 8:48:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          >vlinder49@... writes:
          >slovakheritage.org cant open up the vebsite about the exhibit in Levoca would
          >like to visit thanks Paul Janosik

          Vladimir Linder

          I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
          Village Photography in Slovakia.

          More information on:
          Genealogical research:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
          Ancestral Village Videos:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
          Ancestral Village Photography:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
          History of any village or town in Slovakia:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

          Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

          Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
          starts JUNE 12, 2006
          To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
          My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

          Email: vlinder49@...

          Contact me for more details

          Vladimir Linder
          3804 Yale Street
          Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
          Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
        • durisek
          Message 4 of 19 , May 31, 2006
            Congrats! Zuzka

          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 19 , May 31, 2006
              Thanks Zuzka, I will have another exhibit in Liprovska Teplicka
              during their festival August 5-6. Tihis is every year.

              Iwill post the pix of my exhibit on my site.

              Vladi

              Message 6 of 19 , May 31, 2006
                not having much luck could see the exhibit but could not view it thanks Paul
                Janosik you always have such great exhibits

              • helene cincebeaux
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                  Anyone who will be in Slovakia towards the end of June is invited to our photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25. It will feature photos from the beautiful Horehronie region, neighboring regions of Detva, Liptov, Spis, as well as photos throughout Sklovakia that my mother and I have taken during the past 36 years.
                  The exhibit will be held in the school on the festival grounds overlooking the village and under the peaks of the Middle Tatras. Expect the opening will begin at 3 or 4 pm - would love to see you there. (If you want to contact me I can give you my Slovak mobil phone number - expect to have it beginning June 22).

                  Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready - but it is a very sweet festival. The folk music, dance and dress are outstanding!

                  One of my favorite things is Friday afternoon when they erect a "remembrance room" decorated with folk dress and embroideries and village treasures - the elderly ladies are there spinning and sewing and telling stories; the older village men come to joke and sing songs and play the accordion and the fujara and there is a super booth where you can taste all the local specialties - like gulky - yum are they filling and wonderful and buttermilk and baked goods - it's lots of fun and great photo opps. Often there are craft booths set up here and performances on Sat. morning or there have been in the past.

                  This takes place in a little square in the village below the church. The festival is at the other end of town up on the hillside.so be sure to check out the program so you don't miss anything. And things do change so hope this fun part is still going to be held. The festival performances begin Fri and continue through Sat. and Sun.

                  helene

                • J. Michutka
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                    At 02:46 PM 6/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
                    >Anyone who will be in Slovakia towards the end of June is invited to our
                    >photo exhibit at Helpa Folk Festival, June 23 - 25.

                    Shoot--we arrive two days later.

                    > Helpa Festival is a good deal smaller than Detva and Vychodna - which
                    > by the way they just cancelled as the new amphitheatre is not ready

                    Wait--they've cancelled the festival at Vychodna???? Really??? We were
                    planning to go! Rats!!!

                    Julie Michutka
                    jmm@...
                  • Vladimir Linder
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                      Helene see you there, I am looking forward to see the exhibit.

                      As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
                      under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
                      August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here.

                      Vladi

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                        Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...> wrote: Helene see you there, I am looking forward to see the exhibit.THAT'S GREAT VLAD - HOPE YOU CAN COME TO THE OPENING

                        As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
                        under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
                        August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here. THAT IS ANOTHER SPECIAL AND SWEET FESTIVAL! WISH I COULD BE THERE - BUT WILL BE LEADING A GROUP IN ROMANIA

                        THE AMPHITHEATRE THERE HAS SUCH A DRAMATIC SETTING!!!!
                        AND THE PARTIES ARE GOOD TOO!!!!

                        REMEMBER DEB JACKSON WHO SANG AT THE FESTIVAL ONE YEAR - SHE IS GOING TO PERFORM IN PIESTANY AT OUR ANNUAL GALA PARTY ON JULY 28 IN THE HISTORIC KURSALON IN THE HEART OF PIESTANY.

                        IT WILL BE A CONCERT - DANCE PARTY AND DEB WILL PERFORM ALONG WITH INTERNATIONAL SINGING STAR JOZEF IVASKA - THEY WILL DO SOME DUETS - SHOULD BE FUN!

                        IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE PIESTANY AREA THEN AND WANTS TO JOIN US - E MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO

                        helene
                        helenezx@...

                      • Vladimir Linder
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
                          I will be in Helpa from about noon on friday.

                          Vladi

                          At 06:28 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:

                          >Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...> wrote: Helene see you there,
                          >I am looking forward to see the exhibit.THAT'S GREAT VLAD - HOPE YOU
                          >CAN COME TO THE OPENING
                          >
                          >As usual I will have another exhibit at XI. year of folklore festival
                          >under KRALOVA HOLA in LIPTOVSKA TEPLICKA August 5 and 6. Opening on
                          >August 5 2 PM. Everybody is welcome here. THAT IS ANOTHER SPECIAL
                          >AND SWEET FESTIVAL! WISH I COULD BE THERE - BUT WILL BE LEADING A
                          >GROUP IN ROMANIA
                          >
                          > THE AMPHITHEATRE THERE HAS SUCH A DRAMATIC SETTING!!!!
                          > AND THE PARTIES ARE GOOD TOO!!!!
                          >
                          > REMEMBER DEB JACKSON WHO SANG AT THE FESTIVAL ONE YEAR - SHE IS
                          > GOING TO PERFORM IN PIESTANY AT OUR ANNUAL GALA PARTY ON JULY 28 IN
                          > THE HISTORIC KURSALON IN THE HEART OF PIESTANY.
                          >
                          > IT WILL BE A CONCERT - DANCE PARTY AND DEB WILL PERFORM ALONG
                          > WITH INTERNATIONAL SINGING STAR JOZEF IVASKA - THEY WILL DO SOME
                          > DUETS - SHOULD BE FUN!
                          >
                          > IF ANYONE WILL BE IN THE PIESTANY AREA THEN AND WANTS TO JOIN US
                          > - E MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO
                          >
                          > helene
                          > helenezx@...

                          > Slovakia phone card Slovakia call Bratislava
                          > slovakia Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

                          >phone card
                          ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia+call&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=chO1bkXch07FfvTG3Hly7Q>Slovakia
                          >call
                          ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Bratislava+slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=xXIK730FZxwfPZh6C_b8cg>Bratislava
                          >slovakia
                          ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hotel+slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=ZZfegUggrbhmbRi57TfUbw>Hotel
                          >slovakia
                          ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia+phone&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=D2lrJO4Qgv1x0Xnpgi7-DA>Slovakia
                          >phone
                          ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovakia&w1=Slovakia+phone+card&w2=Slovakia+call&w3=Bratislava+slovakia&w4=Hotel+slovakia&w5=Slovakia+phone&w6=Slovakia&c=6&s=123&.sig=OIcMxojXFaOt3ZQvYvdIvQ>Slovakia

                          > *
                          >

                          >----------
                        • kmzluky
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
                            Helene,
                            Will you be in Slovakia in August?
                            Steve

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
                              HI Helene...
                              Just back from SK 3 weeks.... Sorry to have missed your exhibit....Always a fun party.
                              Zuzka

                            • helene cincebeaux
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                                HI Steve - in and out - taking a group to romania on Aug 1 from Kosice and then return Aug 11 - then last group for Three Countries trip Aug 12 - 21 and then going to visit a friend in Budapest for a week. So maybe back at the end of the month.

                                Will you be in Slovakia then?

                                helene

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                                  At 08:46 AM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
                                  >My exhibit in Levoca has opened, take a look.
                                  >http://www.snm.sk/?lang=svk&org=11§ion=podu&id=463

                                  Translated text:
                                  GOTHIC EMOTIONS
                                  EMÓCIE GOTIKY,
                                  Vladimir Linder

                                  Is an exhibit of photographs from the church of
                                  St. James in Levoca from photographer Vladimir
                                  Linder. Concept of the exhibit is based in
                                  capturing and illustration of emotions in Gothic
                                  statues through the lens of author complimented
                                  by quotations from that era and texts dedicated
                                  to the given subject. More than 60 photographs
                                  are on display mostly of portrait character,
                                  which attract by remarkable views of gothic
                                  statues from Church of St. James in Levo a.
                                  Photographs are evoking immense survival of
                                  emotionally strained moments. They have portrait
                                  character and they are possibility for comparison
                                  of common view of monumental works and detailed
                                  not much visible and not very well known looks.
                                  Comparison offers also time spectrum of early
                                  gothic up to its late period coming from hands of
                                  Master Pavol from Levoca. Subject matter is
                                  abundant. Prevailing is Laying to the grave, Last
                                  supper, Crucifixion, saints and woman saints in
                                  moments of torture, ecstasy, prayers… Selection
                                  of photographs was made in consideration of the
                                  name of the whole exhibit: Gothic Emotions, and
                                  it tried to pick up indication of
                                  characterization of statue as part of
                                  psychologization of individual statues,
                                  progressed crystallization of portrait features
                                  and using wide palette of gestures.
                                  Text part of the exhibit is complementing
                                  medieval texts as inseparable and important part
                                  of medieval perception of work of art,
                                  appreciation of beauty and connecting
                                  spirituality with artistic expression. The goal
                                  is presentation of abundant unique cultural
                                  heritage-with eye of photographer and comparison
                                  with literary works. The photographs are
                                  complimented by copies of works of Master Pavol
                                  from Levo a-plaster moulds from last supper-from
                                  the main altar of the church of St. James in Levo
                                  a. Interesting part of exhibition is so called
                                  Three of knowledge on which there are statements
                                  and quotations from works of medieval
                                  authors. Component of exhibit is also computer
                                  presentation of more than 200 photographs, that
                                  were supplied by Vladimir Linder and thus makes
                                  possible even more looks that were unable to be
                                  installed. Component of this exhibit are also
                                  whole looks at altars, so we can offer our
                                  visitors possibility to view the complete works.
                                  Exhibit will be open until August 11, 2006 in the
                                  premises of the Old City Hall.
                                • Vladimir Linder

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                                      Hi Helene,
                                      Yes, we will be there from Aug. 2nd to the 15th. Will be at Liptovska
                                      Teplica festival and what ever else we can find. Thought maybe we could
                                      catch up to you.
                                      Steve

                                      Service.

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                                        HI STEVE - In Romania til Aug 10 - then Kosice and party in a tokaj wine cellar that night; Aug 12 and 13 we are going to Miscolc Hungary but will be back in Slovakia on the 14th for dinner and a wonderful folk performance in a village near Detva - you are welcome to join us - we will be staying in Banska Bystrica - does any of this work for you????

                                        know you will enjoy the liptovska Teplicka Festival - take warm clothes for the evening performances.

                                        helene

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
                                          Hi Helene,
                                          To bad we won't be able to connect. We will be leaving for Kosice and our
                                          trip home about that time.
                                          Thanks for the tip on the warm clothes. The nights do get cold.
                                          When is your next publication coming out? I will have most of the correct
                                          info by
                                          the 21st of this month for the NJ festival. (our next meeting date)
                                          Looking forward to the trip and the festivals.
                                          Steve