Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Sui Vesan

  • Taoz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 10, 2006
      Boy what memories were brought forth by the mention of Yma Sumac. She was
      once in a musical called "Flahooly" which was not a hit by any means. But her
      voice was just plain amazing. I have her album called "Voice of the Xtabay"
      and I still marvel at the voice.

      I understand they tried to train her for opera but I never did hear the
      outcome of that. The amazing part of the musical was when she stood between a
      basso-profundo and a coloratura soprano and could sing lower than him and
      higher than her. Absolutely amazing.

      Thanks for bringing up the memories

      Pavel