Re: Sarisan at Slovak Cafe in Pennsylvania

  • slocrobear
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2006
      Hi Greg!

      SARISANCEK is being brought over in co-operation with SLAVJANE and the
      Carpatho-Rusin Society.

      They're going to perform for SLAVJANE's annual concert in May and then
      will be performing for the Pittsburgh Folk Festival. It's the
      Festival's 50th anniversary.

      Don't know where all they're going to perform but from what I've heard
      thru the grapevine, it's Pittsburgh and Johnstown only....

      hope this helps...

      marko

      ps

      Greg, you should see the new ikons in St.John's in Uniontown!!!
      AWESOME!!!

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@...>
      wrote:

      > I think SlovakCafe just joined Slovak-World.
      >
      > You can ask questions about the event here.
      >
      > Greg Kopchak
      > It's All Relative

    • vchromoho
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2006
        The group's name is SARIS, not Sarisan, not Sarisancek. You would
        think that they know their own name.

        Actually the group's full name is SARIS MILK AGRO and they are
        affiliated with the M. Mojzes Art School in Presov.

        Here is more information about them:
        http://www.rusynacademy.sk/english/en_spev.html
        or, in Slovak:
        http://www.rusynacademy.sk/slovak/sl_spev.html
        or, in Rusyn:
        http://www.rusynacademy.sk/rusynski/rusyn_spev.html

        They will also perform in Campbell, Ohio (Youngstown area) and
        Cleveland, Ohio.
        See http://www.c-rs.org for schedules & ticket information.

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "slocrobear" <cahek@...> wrote:

        > Hi Greg!
        >
        > SARISANCEK is being brought over in co-operation with SLAVJANE and
        the
        > Carpatho-Rusin Society.
        >
        > They're going to perform for SLAVJANE's annual concert in May and
        then
        > will be performing for the Pittsburgh Folk Festival. It's the
        > Festival's 50th anniversary.
        >
        > Don't know where all they're going to perform but from what I've
        heard
        > thru the grapevine, it's Pittsburgh and Johnstown only....
        >
        > hope this helps...
        >
        > marko
        >
        > ps
        >
        > Greg, you should see the new ikons in St.John's in Uniontown!!!
        > AWESOME!!!
        >
        > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > I think SlovakCafe just joined Slovak-World.
        > >
        > > You can ask questions about the event here.
        > >
        > > Greg Kopchak
        > > It's All Relative

      • slovakcafe
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2006
          Hi Everyone,
          Thanks for the clarification on the ensemble name. I meant to post something
          earlier to clarify but have been busy in promoting the May 21 Johnstown
          show.

          As of present, Johnstown is the only booking east of Pittsburgh. Admission
          includes social hour, full buffet dinner, performance and social dancing.
          Slovak-Rusyn marketplace, cash bar and raffles also available. Advance
          tickets are required. Discounts are available for purchase of 16 or more tickets
          and special discounts for school and youth groups. For more details
          (Johnstown event ONLY) please see www.slovakcafe.com.

          And to put all the rumors to rest, I've included below (what I have to date) of
          their public tour schedule.

          Hope to see anyone from the PA Laurel Highlands in Johnstown May 21!

          -------------------------------
          Saris Tour Schedule:

          May 20, 2006
          2 PM - Pittsburgh PA