Sarisan at Slovak Cafe in Pennsylvania

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
      I think SlovakCafe just joined Slovak-World.

      You can ask questions about the event here.

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative
    • slovakcafe
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
        Yes Greg, I'm here. Thanks for making the initial post of my press
        release. One correction though, this is the youth folklore ensemble
        "Saris" from Presov, not "Sarisan." If anyone wants more information
        on this Slovak/Rusyn event in Johnstown may visit www.slovakcafe.com
        or email me directly.

        Karen

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@...> wrote:

        > I think SlovakCafe just joined Slovak-World.
        >
        > You can ask questions about the event here.
        >
        > Greg Kopchak
        > It's All Relative

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
          The youth ensamble is called "SARISANCEK" just in case you didn't
          know! Translated little Sarisan.

          Vladi

          At 08:27 PM 4/24/2006, you wrote:
          >Yes Greg, I'm here. Thanks for making the initial post of my press
          >release. One correction though, this is the youth folklore ensemble
          >"Saris" from Presov, not "Sarisan." If anyone wants more information
          >on this Slovak/Rusyn event in Johnstown may visit www.slovakcafe.com
          >or email me directly.
          >
          >Karen
          >
          >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > I think SlovakCafe just joined Slovak-World.
          > >
          > > You can ask questions about the event here.
          > >
          > > Greg Kopchak
          > > It's All Relative

          Vladimir Linder
          Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
          3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
          Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
          Email: vlinder49@...

          For sample issue please send US$2.00 to the above address.
          Subscription US$25.00 per year.
          Slovak-English and English-Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

          Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
          starts JUNE 12, 2006

          You may check out our home pages at:

          www.slovakheritage.org
          www.lindervideo.com
          www.liptovskateplicka.com

          To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
          My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291
          Advertising rates:

          Full page 9 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$720.00
          1/2 page 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$360.00
          1/4 page 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 US$180.00
          1/8 page 2 3/8 x 4 US$ 90.00
          1/12 page 2 3/8 x 2.5 US$ 75.00
        • slocrobear
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2006
            Hi Greg!

            SARISANCEK is being brought over in co-operation with SLAVJANE and the
            Carpatho-Rusin Society.

            They're going to perform for SLAVJANE's annual concert in May and then
            will be performing for the Pittsburgh Folk Festival. It's the
            Festival's 50th anniversary.

            Don't know where all they're going to perform but from what I've heard
            thru the grapevine, it's Pittsburgh and Johnstown only....

            hope this helps...

            marko

            ps

            Greg, you should see the new ikons in St.John's in Uniontown!!!
            AWESOME!!!

            wrote:

            > I think SlovakCafe just joined Slovak-World.
            >
            > You can ask questions about the event here.
            >
            > Greg Kopchak
            > It's All Relative

          • vchromoho
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2006
              The group's name is SARIS, not Sarisan, not Sarisancek. You would
              think that they know their own name.

              Actually the group's full name is SARIS MILK AGRO and they are
              affiliated with the M. Mojzes Art School in Presov.

              Here is more information about them:
              http://www.rusynacademy.sk/english/en_spev.html
              or, in Slovak:
              http://www.rusynacademy.sk/slovak/sl_spev.html
              or, in Rusyn:
              http://www.rusynacademy.sk/rusynski/rusyn_spev.html

              They will also perform in Campbell, Ohio (Youngstown area) and
              Cleveland, Ohio.
              See http://www.c-rs.org for schedules & ticket information.

              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "slocrobear" <cahek@...> wrote:

              > Hi Greg!
              >
              > SARISANCEK is being brought over in co-operation with SLAVJANE and
              the
              > Carpatho-Rusin Society.
              >
              > They're going to perform for SLAVJANE's annual concert in May and
              then
              > will be performing for the Pittsburgh Folk Festival. It's the
              > Festival's 50th anniversary.
              >
              > Don't know where all they're going to perform but from what I've
              heard
              > thru the grapevine, it's Pittsburgh and Johnstown only....
              >
              > hope this helps...
              >
              > marko
              >
              > ps
              >
              > Greg, you should see the new ikons in St.John's in Uniontown!!!
              > AWESOME!!!
              >
              > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > I think SlovakCafe just joined Slovak-World.
              > >
              > > You can ask questions about the event here.
              > >
              > > Greg Kopchak
              > > It's All Relative

            • slovakcafe
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2006
                Hi Everyone,
                Thanks for the clarification on the ensemble name. I meant to post something
                earlier to clarify but have been busy in promoting the May 21 Johnstown
                show.

                As of present, Johnstown is the only booking east of Pittsburgh. Admission
                includes social hour, full buffet dinner, performance and social dancing.
                Slovak-Rusyn marketplace, cash bar and raffles also available. Advance
                tickets are required. Discounts are available for purchase of 16 or more tickets
                and special discounts for school and youth groups. For more details
                (Johnstown event ONLY) please see www.slovakcafe.com.

                And to put all the rumors to rest, I've included below (what I have to date) of
                their public tour schedule.

                Hope to see anyone from the PA Laurel Highlands in Johnstown May 21!

                -------------------------------
                Saris Tour Schedule:

                May 20, 2006
                2 PM - Pittsburgh PA