RE: [Slovak-World] Moving to Slovakia

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 12, 2006
      In Australia we are getting a show called "a place in Slovakia". It
      is about a British couple who want to buy a castle or similar to
      convert into a hotel,after a few disasters they are buying a place in
      a village near Piestany.

      Interesting show that shows a lot of scenery old buildings and new
      also tells of some Slovak customs (maybe). Is there actually one
      where the man throws a bucket of water over his wife,girlfriend and
      then whips her with a pretend whip?

      The only thing I can't get my head around is why any man would put up
      with an aggravating women for as long as her husband has? I would be
      guilty of murder, but I am probably aggravating as well.

      I keep watching to see how much trouble they can get into.

      Nick
    • Martin Votruba
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 16, 2008
        > I'm referring to the early 90's.

        I completely agree with Paul. A) The Tuzex stores lost their status
        as foreign goods sellers for Western currency with the collapse of
        communism in 1989. B) What use is it to provide experiences from who
        knows when:

        > "what ever you do don't deal on the black market"

        ... phrased as advice for tourists in the 21st century.

        Martin

        votruba "t" pitt "dot" edu