RE: [Slovak-World] Re: I'm a new member

  • Katarina Alexander
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 3, 2006
      Just an observations on "sticking together" - in my humble experience,
      Slovaks & Czechs are one of the few groups that I notice that do not
      stick together or help each other - at least in NY. We have Polish
      communities, Jewish, Chinese, etc where an expat can come & settle and
      find help. Not the Czechs or Slovaks. If someone has had a different
      experience - perhaps in a different state, I would love to hear about
      it. I find it very sad that this is the case. I also have stories
      from my parents who have been here about 40 years, & stories from my
      husband of how little help they received from other Czechs/Slovaks -
      won't bore w/them - just very disappointed in it.

      Katarina Alexander

      Assistant to Jack DiMaio
      DiMaio Ahmad Capital
      245 Park Avenue, 44th Floor
      NY, NY 10167
      t: (212) 328-7920
      f: (212) 328-7890
      katarina.alexander@...

      ________________________________

      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 3, 2006
        never said it ever! I've just been away fiddling with new DSL line and new address. glad to be back, seems that nothing changes.

        =====================
        From: David <humblebe@...>
        Date: Mon Apr 03 12:57:48 CDT 2006
        To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: I'm a new member

        Welcome back Bagin: When you last quit Slovak World, I thought you
        said it was forever? I guess forever is short lived. Welcome back anyway.
        Dave K.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
         Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World">Slovak-World</a>" on the web.

        Bruce Bagin