Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Rusyns

  • bbagin@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
      thank=you Ron for the map and the commentary and thank-you Mr. Linder for your commentary.

      =====================
      From: amiak27 <rmat@...>
      Date: Sat Apr 01 09:07:40 CST 2006
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Rusyns

      Oops, I should ahve added the comment that you will notice the very
      sharp border of "Rusynland" to the east, where the population of
      Rusyn people ends precisely along today's political border.
      Obviously that is an artificial border of the people due to a lack
      of information, politics, or lack of opportunity to study the
      enthnic identity of the people to the east (in the former Soviet
      Union).

      I would expect a scattering of ethnic islands more along the lines
      of what is shown in Slovakia - people do mix. mingle and scatter in
      ethnic border regions.

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "amiak27" <rmat@...> wrote:

      > Bruce, perhaps it is easiest to see it graphically:
      > http://www.c-rs.org/crs_map.jpg
      >
      > Ron
      >
      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bagin15217" <bagin15217@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > How far West and how far South  in Slovakia does the territory
      > largely
      > > populated by the Rusyns extend?  As I read the many writings, it
      > seems
      > > that this population is principally located in the Northeastern
      > > quadrant of Slovakia. Is this a correct presumption?
      > >
      > > Many thanks,

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
       Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World">Slovak-World</a>" on the web.

      Bruce Bagin