Re: [Slovak-World] western Slovaks/Michigan

  • Scott T. Mikusko
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 1 9:49 AM
      On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, J. Michutka wrote:

      > > > I wonder if that's what made tracing my family so much easier, we
      > > > are from the other 15% who are from Western Slovakia (Bratislava
      > > > region). Most came to Cleveland and several moved on to Michigan.
      > > > Since there are less it made it easier to find each other.
      >
      > Nase Rodina (newsletter of the Czechoslovak Genealogical Society
      > International) had a great article in vol 14 no 1 (March 2002) titled Czech
      > and Slovak Roots in Michigan. Their website is www.cgsi.org My family
      > (western/central Slovakia) was in NYC for a while, then settled permanently
      > in Michigan.
      >
      > Julie Michutka

      Something about the inescapable lure of sugarbeets that just drew us like
      moths to the flame of mid-Michigan! :)

      I have the back issue of that CGSI publication. I'd be willing to scan
      the Michigan article and put it up on the Group files section, but I don't
      to mess with copyright. I'll read over the issue and look into it. I
      think several would find it an interesting read.

      -S
    • bbagin@verizon.net
      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 3 5:09 PM
        never said it ever! I've just been away fiddling with new DSL line and new address. glad to be back, seems that nothing changes.

        =====================
        From: David <humblebe@...>
        Date: Mon Apr 03 12:57:48 CDT 2006
        To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: I'm a new member

        Welcome back Bagin: When you last quit Slovak World, I thought you
        said it was forever? I guess forever is short lived. Welcome back anyway.
        Dave K.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
         Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World">Slovak-World</a>" on the web.

        Bruce Bagin