Re: [Slovak-World] Re: I'm a new member

  • Stephanne Zolyak McAleer
    Message 1 of 59 , Apr 1, 2006
      OK, here goes. I apologize for all the controversy I seem to have stirred
      up here on this site. I guess I've been away from my hometown and ethnicity
      so long I've forgotten how "hotheaded" Eastern Europeans can be -- and I DO
      NOT mean that to be demeaning, it's said jokingly. Anyway, in the past 7
      years I have lost both my parents, my family home of 100 years, my brother
      (my best friend in the entire world) was killed in a horrible tragic car
      accident caused by an irresponsible 19 year old, HIS family home which his
      widow is selling while she ran off to Maryland with a guy she met on the
      internet, the connection I had with her (which I no longer have or want due
      to the circumstances), and 2 recurrences of breast cancer after two previous
      mastectomies, and have had to quit working full time because of chronic ill
      health. So, "everyone" is gone from Exton, where I moved to be 25 years
      ago to be close to my brother and I'm feeling a bit lost and abandoned, and
      was hoping to find out "where I came from".

      I also apologize for telling you about my "problems" over the last several
      years, but I've had an extremely hard time of things and am still grieving
      my brother's untimely and senseless death.. So I am very sensitive to
      anything and everything, I guess. I've gone from a total extrovert to a
      total introvert. My 23 year old nephew, Adam, my brother's son to whom I
      am extremely close, is living and working in Maryland, having graduated from
      our alma mater, Penn State, and it was HE who asked me to write our family
      history, which is how I came to become involved in all this God love him.
      He still insists on keeping all the traditions - the Christmas "Supper", the
      Easter breakfast (except we don't know how to make paskas!!) and he can even
      make perohi like my mother did! He is a wonderful young man.. For a short
      while it also helped to take my mind off my grief of the loss of my brother.
      He is hoping to visit "Austria" and surrounding areas next summer and would
      like to be able to visit some of the places his ancestors came from, even
      though the villages are no longer there. SOOOO, please forgive me for
      offending anyone. I have acquired some information from other sources, and
      a great deal from you great folks on this site and appreciate it very much.

      Thanks for listening to me.

      Sincerely,
      Stephanne Zolyak McAleer
      Message 59 of 59 , Apr 3, 2006
        never said it ever! I've just been away fiddling with new DSL line and new address. glad to be back, seems that nothing changes.

        =====================
        From: David <humblebe@...>
        Date: Mon Apr 03 12:57:48 CDT 2006
        To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: I'm a new member

        Welcome back Bagin: When you last quit Slovak World, I thought you
        said it was forever? I guess forever is short lived. Welcome back anyway.
        Dave K.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
         Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World">Slovak-World</a>" on the web.

        Bruce Bagin