Rusyns

  • bagin15217
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
      How far West and how far South in Slovakia does the territory largely
      populated by the Rusyns extend? As I read the many writings, it seems
      that this population is principally located in the Northeastern
      quadrant of Slovakia. Is this a correct presumption?

      Many thanks,
    • amiak27
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
        Bruce, perhaps it is easiest to see it graphically:
        http://www.c-rs.org/crs_map.jpg

        Ron

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bagin15217" <bagin15217@...>
        wrote:

        > How far West and how far South in Slovakia does the territory
        largely
        > populated by the Rusyns extend? As I read the many writings, it
        seems
        > that this population is principally located in the Northeastern
        > quadrant of Slovakia. Is this a correct presumption?
        >
        > Many thanks,

      • amiak27
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
          Oops, I should ahve added the comment that you will notice the very
          sharp border of "Rusynland" to the east, where the population of
          Rusyn people ends precisely along today's political border.
          Obviously that is an artificial border of the people due to a lack
          of information, politics, or lack of opportunity to study the
          enthnic identity of the people to the east (in the former Soviet
          Union).

          I would expect a scattering of ethnic islands more along the lines
          of what is shown in Slovakia - people do mix. mingle and scatter in
          ethnic border regions.

          Ron

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "amiak27" <rmat@...> wrote:

          > Bruce, perhaps it is easiest to see it graphically:
          > http://www.c-rs.org/crs_map.jpg
          >
          > Ron
          >
          > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bagin15217" <bagin15217@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > How far West and how far South in Slovakia does the territory
          > largely
          > > populated by the Rusyns extend? As I read the many writings, it
          > seems
          > > that this population is principally located in the Northeastern
          > > quadrant of Slovakia. Is this a correct presumption?
          > >
          > > Many thanks,

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
            Your presumption is correct, generally it is close to the Polish and
            Ukrainian border.

            Vladi Linder

            t 04:20 AM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
            >How far West and how far South in Slovakia does the territory largely
            >populated by the Rusyns extend? As I read the many writings, it seems
            >that this population is principally located in the Northeastern
            >quadrant of Slovakia. Is this a correct presumption?
            >
            >Many thanks,

            Vladimir Linder

            I do Genealogical research, Ancestral Village Videos and Ancestral
            Village Photography in Slovakia.

            More information on:
            Genealogical research:
            http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
            Ancestral Village Videos:
            http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
            Ancestral Village Photography:
            http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm
            History of any village or town in Slovakia:
            http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm

            Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

            Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
            starts JUNE 12, 2006
            To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
            My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291

            Email: vlinder49@...

            Contact me for more details

            Vladimir Linder
            3804 Yale Street
            Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
            Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
          • bbagin@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
              thank=you Ron for the map and the commentary and thank-you Mr. Linder for your commentary.

              =====================
              From: amiak27 <rmat@...>
              Date: Sat Apr 01 09:07:40 CST 2006
              To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Rusyns

              Oops, I should ahve added the comment that you will notice the very
              sharp border of "Rusynland" to the east, where the population of
              Rusyn people ends precisely along today's political border.
              Obviously that is an artificial border of the people due to a lack
              of information, politics, or lack of opportunity to study the
              enthnic identity of the people to the east (in the former Soviet
              Union).

              I would expect a scattering of ethnic islands more along the lines
              of what is shown in Slovakia - people do mix. mingle and scatter in
              ethnic border regions.

              Ron

              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "amiak27" <rmat@...> wrote:

              > Bruce, perhaps it is easiest to see it graphically:
              > http://www.c-rs.org/crs_map.jpg
              >
              > Ron
              >
              > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bagin15217" <bagin15217@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > How far West and how far South  in Slovakia does the territory
              > largely
              > > populated by the Rusyns extend?  As I read the many writings, it
              > seems
              > > that this population is principally located in the Northeastern
              > > quadrant of Slovakia. Is this a correct presumption?
              > >
              > > Many thanks,

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
               Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World">Slovak-World</a>" on the web.

              Bruce Bagin