Re: [Slovak-World] Holiday greetings

  • Vlad Nad
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
      thats good Julie, but I wish the site was in english so us less slovak speaking members could tell what the cards said.

      "J. Michutka" <jmm@...> wrote: At 11:10 AM 3/31/2006 -0800, you wrote:
      >Hello to the list!
      > Is anyone aware of a Slovak web site that has holiday greeting cards
      > such as the US sights "Yahoo Gredtings", "Blue Mountain" etc whereby one
      > could pick a card and send it to a party in Slovakia?
      > Diane

      I've never sent one, but I've been the recipient--looks like they were sent
      from http://pohladnice.zoznam.sk/

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...

      ---------------------------------

    • J. Michutka
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
        At 03:25 PM 3/31/2006 -0800, you wrote:
        >thats good Julie, but I wish the site was in english so us less slovak
        >speaking members could tell what the cards said.

        The request was for "a Slovak web site that has holiday greeting cards". I
        thought this one might fit the bill; my cards from my Slovak relatives via
        this website have often had English greetings (possibly added by my
        relatives); I hadn't examined the site itself to see what all it offered,
        or didn't offer.

        Sounds like you are looking for a bilingual website; perhaps someone else
        knows of one. Alternatively, one could send a card via Yahoo Greetings (or
        similar) and ask listmembers here for help with a Slovak greeting to add to
        it; I've certainly done that for traditional (paper) holiday cards.

        Julie Michutka
        jmm@...
      • DIANE PERKINS
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2006
          Thank you Julie, I'll mark the site for future reference,but alas no Easter Greeting!
          Diane

          "J. Michutka" <jmm@...> wrote:
          At 11:10 AM 3/31/2006 -0800, you wrote:
          >Hello to the list!
          > Is anyone aware of a Slovak web site that has holiday greeting cards
          > such as the US sights "Yahoo Gredtings", "Blue Mountain" etc whereby one
          > could pick a card and send it to a party in Slovakia?
          > Diane

          I've never sent one, but I've been the recipient--looks like they were sent
          from http://pohladnice.zoznam.sk/

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...

        • Gil Kubancsek