Re: Okres Trnova

  • sandman6294
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, e.gernat@... wrote:

      > Hi All
      > My cousin had relatives that lived around Okres Trnova. I only
      can find a village Trnove south of Zilina. Could this be the same
      village.
      > Edward Gernat

      I'll leave the correction of grammar and syntax of the following to
      our Slovak grammarian brethren.

      Slovakia is divide into eight regions known as "kraj":
      "8 regions (kraje, singular - kraj); Banskobystricky, Bratislavsky,
      Kosicky, Nitriansky, Presovsky, Trenciansky, Trnavsky, Zilinsky"

      The regions are then divided into "okres" (district or county). For
      the Trnava "kraj" the okres are: "Dunajská Streda, Galanta, Hlohovec,
      Piešany, Senica, Skalica, Trnava (okres)

      Dividing the Trnava "okres" into villages "obci" you would have: "
      Biely Kostol, Bíòovce, Bohdanovce nad Trnavou, Boleráz, Borová,
      Brestovany, Buèany, Buková, Cífer, Dechtice, Dlhá, Dobrá Voda,
      Dolná Krupá, Dolné Dubové, Dolné Lovèice, Dolné Orešany, Horná
      Krupá, Horné Dubové, Horné Orešany, Hrnèiarovce nad Parnou,
      Jaslovské Bohunice, Kátlovce Košolná, Križovany nad Dudváhom,
      Lošonec, Majcichov, Malženice, Naháè, Opoj, Pavlice, Ružindol,
      Slovenská Nová Ves , Smolenice, Suchá nad Parnou, Šelpice, Špaèince,
      Šúrovce, Trnava, Trstín, Vlèkovce, Voderady, Zavar, Zeleneè,
      Zvonèín Radošovce"

      If your cousin had relatives that lived "around" (within) okres
      Trnava, they might be from one of the villages (obci) shown above.

      RU