Okres Trnova

  • e.gernat@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi All
      My cousin had relatives that lived around Okres Trnova. I only can find a village Trnove south of Zilina. Could this be the same village.
      Edward Gernat
    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        Dear Edward,
        If it was Okres Trnava, then Trnava must be a large town, not village.
        There is your Trnava, 50 km North of Bratislava.
        Vladimir Bohinc

        My cousin had relatives that lived around Okres Trnova. I only can find a village Trnove south of Zilina. Could this be the same village.
        Edward Gernat

        Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

        http://www.eset.sk

      • sandman6294
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, e.gernat@... wrote:

          > Hi All
          > My cousin had relatives that lived around Okres Trnova. I only
          can find a village Trnove south of Zilina. Could this be the same
          village.
          > Edward Gernat

          I'll leave the correction of grammar and syntax of the following to
          our Slovak grammarian brethren.

          Slovakia is divide into eight regions known as "kraj":
          "8 regions (kraje, singular - kraj); Banskobystricky, Bratislavsky,
          Kosicky, Nitriansky, Presovsky, Trenciansky, Trnavsky, Zilinsky"

          The regions are then divided into "okres" (district or county). For
          the Trnava "kraj" the okres are: "Dunajská Streda, Galanta, Hlohovec,
          Piešany, Senica, Skalica, Trnava (okres)

          Dividing the Trnava "okres" into villages "obci" you would have: "
          Biely Kostol, Bíòovce, Bohdanovce nad Trnavou, Boleráz, Borová,
          Brestovany, Buèany, Buková, Cífer, Dechtice, Dlhá, Dobrá Voda,
          Dolná Krupá, Dolné Dubové, Dolné Lovèice, Dolné Orešany, Horná
          Krupá, Horné Dubové, Horné Orešany, Hrnèiarovce nad Parnou,
          Jaslovské Bohunice, Kátlovce Košolná, Križovany nad Dudváhom,
          Lošonec, Majcichov, Malženice, Naháè, Opoj, Pavlice, Ružindol,
          Slovenská Nová Ves , Smolenice, Suchá nad Parnou, Šelpice, Špaèince,
          Šúrovce, Trnava, Trstín, Vlèkovce, Voderady, Zavar, Zeleneè,
          Zvonèín Radošovce"

          If your cousin had relatives that lived "around" (within) okres
          Trnava, they might be from one of the villages (obci) shown above.

          RU