OT: Russian connection

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2006
      Sorry to be off-topic, but I know that at least a couple of you have done
      Russian research.

      My great-grandmother's second husband was Russian and no relation to me
      (they had no children together), but he was the man that my dad's family
      knew and loved as "granddad". I just had my big breakthrough on him today,
      I finally found him in the Ellis Island database and now know that he had
      some connection with "Kremanssi Minsk Russia" (that first word was only
      semi-legible).

      I've never done Russian research. Would someone who is knowledgeable about
      Russian genealogical research recommend a starting point for me--a good
      general website, on-line group, whatever. Please reply to me privately, as
      this won't be of much interest to the rest of the list.

      Thanks for any help!

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...