Re: Computer help

  • sandman6294
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, David <humblebe@...> wrote:

      > Dear Slovak Geeks: Once again I need help. I don't know what my wife
      > did with her computer, but she can't download any attachments with
      > the .jpg She used to but no more. Me being an illiterate computer
      > operator doesn't know what to do to get this program (if that is what
      > it is called) back on her email. I know it has to be on her hard
      > drive, but look as I may, I can't find it. Any help will be greatly
      > appreciated. By the way, if you give me directions on how to
      > proceed....please remember to do it as if I'm a three year old.
      > The last several emails she received that had jpb attachments, she
      > sent the email to me and I had no problem opening them on my Windows
      > Me computer. She has the XL or whatever?
      > Help Help Help. Sorry about calling you computer geniuses Geeks.
      Smile >:-}

      David,

      Are you saying that she cannot download .jpg files? I had that problem
      in the past. I got to a stage where I only had the option to download
      an image as a .bmp file. If I remember correctly, I got rid of the
      Temporary Internet files and that corrected the problem.

      If it's just a matter of not being able to view .jpg's, try reading
      some .jpg files you have stored by clicking on them. If that doesn't
      show you the .jpg file, than you might download a graphics viewer.
      Irfanview is a free and very good program. It can handle a large
      variety of graphics, sound and music files and will permit you to do
      slide shows, convert your graphics to other formats such
      as: .jpg, .gif, .tif, etc.

      RU
    • David
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
        Thanks to Sandman and Tom Flynn I got my wife's computer opening up
        the attachments that she receives on her email. The JPG files are now
        opening. Without these guys, it wouldn't have happened. We have a lot
        of talent on Slovak World. My wife also sends her thanks.
        Dave Kuchta