Computer help

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      Dear Slovak Geeks: Once again I need help. I don't know what my wife
      did with her computer, but she can't download any attachments with
      the .jpg She used to but no more. Me being an illiterate computer
      operator doesn't know what to do to get this program (if that is what
      it is called) back on her email. I know it has to be on her hard
      drive, but look as I may, I can't find it. Any help will be greatly
      appreciated. By the way, if you give me directions on how to
      proceed....please remember to do it as if I'm a three year old.
      The last several emails she received that had jpb attachments, she
      sent the email to me and I had no problem opening them on my Windows
      Me computer. She has the XL or whatever?
      Help Help Help. Sorry about calling you computer geniuses Geeks. Smile >:-}
    • sandman6294
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, David <humblebe@...> wrote:

        > Dear Slovak Geeks: Once again I need help. I don't know what my wife
        > did with her computer, but she can't download any attachments with
        > the .jpg She used to but no more. Me being an illiterate computer
        > operator doesn't know what to do to get this program (if that is what
        > it is called) back on her email. I know it has to be on her hard
        > drive, but look as I may, I can't find it. Any help will be greatly
        > appreciated. By the way, if you give me directions on how to
        > proceed....please remember to do it as if I'm a three year old.
        > The last several emails she received that had jpb attachments, she
        > sent the email to me and I had no problem opening them on my Windows
        > Me computer. She has the XL or whatever?
        > Help Help Help. Sorry about calling you computer geniuses Geeks.
        Smile >:-}

        David,

        Are you saying that she cannot download .jpg files? I had that problem
        in the past. I got to a stage where I only had the option to download
        an image as a .bmp file. If I remember correctly, I got rid of the
        Temporary Internet files and that corrected the problem.

        If it's just a matter of not being able to view .jpg's, try reading
        some .jpg files you have stored by clicking on them. If that doesn't
        show you the .jpg file, than you might download a graphics viewer.
        Irfanview is a free and very good program. It can handle a large
        variety of graphics, sound and music files and will permit you to do
        slide shows, convert your graphics to other formats such
        as: .jpg, .gif, .tif, etc.

        RU
      • David
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
          Thanks to Sandman and Tom Flynn I got my wife's computer opening up
          the attachments that she receives on her email. The JPG files are now
          opening. Without these guys, it wouldn't have happened. We have a lot
          of talent on Slovak World. My wife also sends her thanks.
          Dave Kuchta