Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Deep question

  • Vlad Nad
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 31, 2006
      Typical Catholic web sight, top of the page on the left, looking for money already!

      Claudia Medvik <cmedvik@...> wrote: Have to stick my 2 cents in. Catholic schooling (before 1968) does stick....

      The Jews of the old testament, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, ect, did not go to Hell, they
      went to Limbo. There is the parable about the rich man and the beggar who sat outside
      his gates. The rich man went to Hell and the beggar rested in the arms of Abraham in
      comfort. The rich man asked Abraham to have the beggar dip his finger in cool water
      to touch a drop on the rich man's parched lips but was told a insurmountable boundary
      separated them. Limbo is not Hell or Purgatory.

      When Christ died the gates of Heaven that had been closed to all were opened and all
      the 'saints' from the Old testament, including St. Joseph, and John the Baptist entered
      into Heaven.

      And one doesn't got to Purgatory for venial sins like meat on Fridays. You escape going
      to Hell by getting into Purgatory, like making it to a lifeboat and waiting for rescue. Everyone
      who goes to Purgatory gets into Heaven eventually.

      And as for Hell or Purgatory existing, its 50-50 chance for non-believers. Even by Vegas
      odds I'd play it safe and try to be good enough to stay out of Hell. Cause you'll never
      know till you get there.....and then its too late, as they say, to ask for a recount...

      For those interested in more detail I'd direct you to EWTN on cable or internet.

      http://www.ewtn.com/<http://www.ewtn.com/>

      They are an oasis in the chaos of life.

      Claudia
      Michigan