Airfare - Rick Steves

  • raybravo2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2006
      Recently Rick Steves was saying that Bratislava has several discount
      airlines flying there. I would guess these are European airlines so
      you may have to go to a larger European city first.
      Colin
    • Linda Hartlaub
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 30, 2006
        Ryan Air has flights from Frankfurt to Bratislava and back. Recently I checked on availability and if you book it right you can get flights for 2 euros or less.
        Linda

      • Vlad Nad
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2006
          if you book it right you can get flights for 2 euros or less.

          Can this be correct???????????????? 2 euros for a flight??????????

          Linda Hartlaub <ljhartlaub@...> wrote: Ryan Air has flights from Frankfurt to Bratislava and back. Recently I checked on availability and if you book it right you can get flights for 2 euros or less.
          Linda

          ---------------------------------

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2006
            First check what airport in Frankfurt Ryan Air departs from. As you may find it may not be the airport you arrive from USA. Sale goes for LOndon, usually the CHEAP airlines do NOT fly out of Heathrow, also if you buy two tckets and Ryan Air may be late on your return flight you will BE OUT OF LUCK with your main airline.

            Vladi

          • Linda Hartlaub
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2006
              Correct. I have found flights for .99 euros. Of course they are usually late at night and other less desirable dates, times. You have to dig on their site and keep going back. Prices change day to day.
              Linda

            • Linda Hartlaub
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 31, 2006
                Ryan Air flies out of Hahn Airport in Frankfurt. But there is bus service (inexpensive) between the main airport and train station in Frankfurt and Hahn Airport outside of town. We had no problems with Ryan Air's timetable, and their flights were always on time if not leaving early.
                Linda

              • Vlad Nad
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Linda,

                  First you say you have found flights for 2 Euros, now you say "Correct. I have found flights for .99 euros." Which is correct? I doubt either are for that would be flights for under 3 dollars US.

                  Linda Hartlaub <ljhartlaub@...> wrote: Correct. I have found flights for .99 euros. Of course they are usually late at night and other less desirable dates, times. You have to dig on their site and keep going back. Prices change day to day.
                  Linda

                  ---------------------------------

                • Linda Hartlaub
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                    They are both correct, since .99 euros is under 2. Just go onto the Ryan Air website and play with different locations, coming and going. As I said these are not the most popular routes, they are not necessarily at convenient times, etc. And airfares change lmost daily. What could be 149 euros on Wednesday, could be 49 euros on the following Friday. Sale prices can appear any day, butmostly on Fridays. Sale prices of 1.99 euros or even .99 euros are there. I assume to fill seats hoping that passengers will buy drinks, meals, sandwiches and even the souveniers they sell on their flights.
                    Linda

                  • Vlad Nad
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
                      thanks for clarifying that Linda, sounds incredible!

                      Linda Hartlaub <ljhartlaub@...> wrote: They are both correct, since .99 euros is under 2. Just go onto the Ryan Air website and play with different locations, coming and going. As I said these are not the most popular routes, they are not necessarily at convenient times, etc. And airfares change lmost daily. What could be 149 euros on Wednesday, could be 49 euros on the following Friday. Sale prices can appear any day, butmostly on Fridays. Sale prices of 1.99 euros or even .99 euros are there. I assume to fill seats hoping that passengers will buy drinks, meals, sandwiches and even the souveniers they sell on their flights.
                      Linda