Re: Language questions

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5 10:11 AM
      At 12:25 AM 1/4/2006 +0000, you wrote:
      > > preposition and case to use if I want to say
      > > 'thank you FOR ...' -- d'akujem ZA ...?
      >
      >Yes, Anabeth. The equivalents of _for_ are quite messy, but there's a
      >good underlying rule in this instance.

      Thank you for this Martin, once again you explain things so well!

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...
    • BJLK@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5 6:56 PM
        In a message dated 1/3/2006 3:17:31 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        chuckvrshek@... writes:

        What's the Slovak word for 'ornament,' as in ornament on a Christmas tree?

        How about "ozdobka" (with a circumflex over the second 'o')?