Re: [Slovak-World] language issue?

  • Michelle A Mader
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
      Nick wrote:
      >You must have been unlucky? I dealt with the Slovak embassy in
      >Australia and apart from having difficulty explaining what I wanted I
      >was dealt with very nicely. Maybe I was lucky?
      >
      >I don't always do that well with our government departments.

      It's the embassies in the US. My husband had a dreadful time
      last year dealing with the German embassy in Chicago. He even
      had to drive there a couple of time. They seemed astounded that
      he, a German citizen, actually spoke German. This is despite
      the fact that their website only give the information for German
      citizens in German.

      Michelle Mader
      Mom to Katherine 11/82 & Andrea 1/87
    • Scott T. Mikusko
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
        heh, nice.

        It's the classic Central/Eastern European "service with a scowl". When I
        want that here, I go to the local Russian restaurant. :)

        -S

      • krejc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
          the Slovak Embassy is open precious few hours during the day. maybe
          something like from 10am to noon.
          i went to the Slovak Embassy in New York some years ago and was treated very
          well. given much literature on my grandmother's county of origin. you must
          ask for Ivan Surkos. he is the Diplomat there and will help you.
          noreen