Re: [Slovak-World] Whose Superstition?

  • BJLK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 24, 2005
      An odd superstition involving coins came up many years ago when our family
      decided that we would like to replace our great-aunt's set of old, dull knives
      with a lovely set of matching super-sharp blades in a fancy wooden
      knife-block. When she opened the package, at first she looked a little alarmed, and
      then proceeded to give every one of us a coin. She explained that she
      couldn't accept them as a gift, but needed to "pay" for the knives; if she did not,
      she was afraid the new knives would "sever" her relationship with the gift
      givers.

      Sorry if I'm a little late reading my messages.

      B. J.